made a decision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Jan 30, 2003.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Thank You everyone for all of your support recently!!! I finally made the decision today to start the SSDI process.I have my husband's support with this. I still have 2 more months of short term disability, before the long term disability kicks in at my job. I think the long term is for 2 years, but perhaps that would tide me over until the SSDI gets appealed etc... I have been struggling so much with thsi decision it was causing an awful flare. I know life won't be a picnic but I have alot of Faith in God.
    Thought I would let you know
    Thanks for all of your support
    Love Sue
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I've heard it can be a long process, but you have support behind you not only this board but a loving husband.

Good luck....
    Laura
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

We are all behind you here, let us know your progress with this!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Sue, Now that a choice is made, let that be your decision, and REST in it. God has led you in your prayers, so I hope your flare will now subside, and you will feel better all around! And Thank Heaven for supportive husbands!
    We are always here for you,
    Fibromiester
  5. pamj

pamj New Member

you must feel relieved now that you've made the decision. I know it's a tough one to make! I had to do it last November, and it was so hard to realize that I would not be going back to my job. After the 6 month STD, they do not let you come back to your position, so I kept hoping that I'd get better by then.

Be very careful about expecting your long-term disability to kick in right away! Unless you've already been approved. Many long-term companies can be just as difficult as SSDI & make you fight for your benefits. Mine didn't approve me until a few months AFTER Social Security disability. I just want to give you the heads up so that you can be as prepared as possible to make sure it goes through as quickly as possible. Waiting for our benefits can be a scary financial situation!

I hope everything goes well with getting approval on everything, and that you will have peace and better health in your future.

take care,
    Pam
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Sue, I'm glad you made the decision and that your husband agrees. It does sound like you're in too much pain and stress from working full-time. I hope it doesn't take too long to go through. I've never done that, so I don't know much about it. I'm sure that now that you've decided to leave your job a lot of the pressure is gone. I'm happy for you!!!!

Annette2
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

sometimes just finally making the decision seems to take a weight off your shoulders. I haven't worked since Nov. 2001 and am still trying to get my long term disability benefits. The company that I have is absolutely "terrible". I can't believe some of the things they write back to me, trying to turn everything my doctor has written around. I am sending them one more letter with more documentation, if they deny again I am handing it over to my attorney. I can't keep using up my energy fighting for this anymore. I hope your insurance company is easy to deal with and that this will be an easier for you. Good Luck....

Dara