Made an appt at Phili FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goaska29, Oct 13, 2005.

1. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Through all the encouraging and reassuring posts I've read on these message boards (and my own research, of course) I officially have an appt with the Philidelphia FFC on Tues, Oct 25. The woman on the phone was so nice and it wasn't at all like when you call a doctor's office and they immediately say, "HOLD PLEASE!"

I'll let you all know how it turns out. I'm so grateful for finding this website. Without it, I never would have thought to make an appt at the FFC.

-GoAskA
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I hope this will continue to be a great experience...it surely has started out well!

It says in your profile you live in Washington DC...how far is Philly from you? A couple hours? I don't know. I just know when we were in Gettysburg, we took a tourist bus into Washinton and it didn't take that long...an hour or so.

Let us know how it goes. Good news is always welcome!

(-:
    Sue
  3. JerseySue

JerseySue New Member

I just had a MRI of the brain yesterday, and more tests next week to rule out ms, peripheral neuropathy, ect....

If all this turns out negative, then my only choice left really is to go to the FFC in Philly or Pitts....I think Philly is closer though. I would be very interested in how the exams go, what tests they do. Lot's of luck and good wishes for you visit on the 25th.
    Keep us posted! Thanks
    Gentle Hugs Sue
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

:) Please tell us everything when you get home. :) My first appointment is about a month after yours! Will you be able to do all your visits there, or will you use the out-of-town package?
    (((((((((( goaska )))))))))))
  5. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I do live in DC and it's about 3 hours away. It's my only option though, as all others are even farther. My parents live in NYC, this is like halfway for us, so it's actually a good thing.

I didn't even know there was an "out-of-town" package. But I'll definitely give you all some input when I return that night.

After spending thousands on medications, out-of-network costs, and co-pays...the $300-$400 per appt seems like nothing. I sure hope it works!
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

You go girl and please keep us posted and ask any questions you have! We are all behind you! Good Luck Lynn