Made it to church!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Nov 18, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I'm so proud of myself! I was able to get up, get my kids ready, and myself! For the first time in a long time I made it to church. It felt great to be there but it sure did wear me out. I am so greatful that I was able to go. I'm also greatful that I had mom there to help me. I kept having pains here and there and my legs kept jerking so bad that I had to lay my hands on them to keep them still. I've been having such a terrible time lately being dizzy. When it was time to leave I could barely stand. Thank the Lord for my mom. She helped me out the door and down the stairs. I was embarrassed that she had to hold on to me. But like the loving mom she is she said don't be embarrassed people will think you're helping your old mother down the stairs! LOL old she's only 58! She always has a way to make me feel better. When I got home I passed out! I slept for most of the day. My legs and feet hurt so bad but it was well worth it. Lord willing I will be going back to church next Sunday. Please keep me in your prayers. I want my children in church. I want them to be involved in the activities they have so they can have the opportunity, as I did when I was a child, to learn about God and Jesus!

Thanks!
    Crissie
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I'm so proud of myself! I was able to get up, get my kids ready, and myself! For the first time in a long time I made it to church. It felt great to be there but it sure did wear me out. I am so greatful that I was able to go. I'm also greatful that I had mom there to help me. I kept having pains here and there and my legs kept jerking so bad that I had to lay my hands on them to keep them still. I've been having such a terrible time lately being dizzy. When it was time to leave I could barely stand. Thank the Lord for my mom. She helped me out the door and down the stairs. I was embarrassed that she had to hold on to me. But like the loving mom she is she said don't be embarrassed people will think you're helping your old mother down the stairs! LOL old she's only 58! She always has a way to make me feel better. When I got home I passed out! I slept for most of the day. My legs and feet hurt so bad but it was well worth it. Lord willing I will be going back to church next Sunday. Please keep me in your prayers. I want my children in church. I want them to be involved in the activities they have so they can have the opportunity, as I did when I was a child, to learn about God and Jesus!

Thanks!
    Crissie
  3. phenom

phenom New Member

well done! congrats! good on you!

phenom
  4. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Crissie, you are an inspiration! I have been having some really bad days recently, and Sunday was no exception. You are so fortunate to have your mom help you, that is a blessing. I did make it to church on Sunday, but was in a lot of pain. I always ask the Lord to give me an extra amount of grace and mercy on His day so that I too can be with my son and husband worshipping Him. Do you find support within your church, or since your diagnosis do you find sisters and brothers in Christ distancing themselves? Have a blessed day, and hugs to your mom for the love of Christ she demostrates to you...BARB
  5. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Glad you made an effort to go to church with the kids. The one things I learned when I was a former Nun was to always, always keep God in your heart throughout the day. When you are alone, feeling down, hurting...just whisper a little something to him. He listens. There is purpose in everything he does, whether we want to believe it or not. He is our strongest help.
    Good for you. Continued blessings and soft hugs.
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Crissie:

I know what you mean about missing church. For some reason Saturday nights are often a bad night for me and the next morning I just can't get out of bed. It's good in the fact that I don't miss work, but I do hate missing church.

I think having a strong faith is what helps me get through most days. Without it I don't know where I'd be. However, I know that God understands when I just can't be there. At least our hearts are in the right place.

Ellen
  7. kellym

kellym New Member

Congratulations! Its always such a blessing when one of us can make it to church! I thank God for this website haven! Its so nice to communicate with others who are experiencing the same problems.
    God bless!
    kelly
  8. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

Dear Crissie IM so glad for you I also made it to church this sunday.I had to use a walker to do it but im old, 55, LOL. But it felt great just being there and the singing lifted my spirts.I did not get the feeling of anyone backing away,I havent been able to go in 6 weeks,and my minister came to the house to see me and women of the church came and called>I feel this way it is God who knows how I feel and it doesnt matter if people believe> LindaGa
  9. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

I can relate. Church is important to us, too, and I rarely make it. But the rest of the family go, I can't do it in the mornings but I have begun to go to the evening service some weeks.
    Good for you!
  10. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I really appreciate all the kind words. The church I went to is the one I grew up in as a child. It's a small church but most of the same people who knew me as a child are still there. I am currently am searching for a church home. I don't really let it be know that I have fms for the fear of not knowing how people will react. I don't others to feel sorry for me nor do I want negative words. As I was leaving church I was really dizzy. Mom had a hold of me and a lady friend asked if I was ok. Mom told her I had fms and I could see the sympathy in her eyes. I just looked away and started talking about something else. I know that there are people out there who are worse off then me. I also know that the Lord won't put more on me than what I can handle. (lol i must be a strong person) There will be times though when I will get depressed and cry over this dd. There will be times when I get mad and start ranting and raving but I'm human. I know that God is in control and there is a reason for all we go through. As it says in the bible Romans Chapter 5 "suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

[This Message was Edited on 11/20/2002]
  11. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Crissie: So glad you could get to do what you really wanted to do. It makes us feel better to be able to do it. I can only stand to sit at church for one hour, but feel happy to be able to. I find I can't do anything else but this on Sunday, so give yourself a break and do what really is important to you - church andfamily. Try taking a pain pill before going and using heating pad, etc when returning home. It's great your mom helps so much. She sounds wonderful. Hang in there, sometimes the pain is worth it!!! your're not alone!
    northwoodssue

[ advertisement ]