Made My Own Pain Patch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As most of y'all know, I can't use any of the pain creams or anything with sals in it because of the Guai Protocol. I have had lower back pain from standing at my job. I use a heating pad at home and the heat patches at work.

Today, I took 1000 mgs. of acetaminopen (Tylenol) and ground it up in my coffee grinder, mixed it with some sal-free lotion, spread it on my back, and covered it with a patch. Voila! It seems to be working.

I am going to turn in a Work Comp claim because I need to find out whether there is anything wrong. I don't think so because when I don't work, it doesn't hurt. I will probably have to use the store's doc but since I will not have any kind of invasive procedure, I guess it's OK. If I see my own doc and my insurance finds out it's work related, they will not pay for it.

A woman I work with had the VAX-D treatments and they did work for her. They are expensive and she paid for them herself. She also uses a slant table, like the one I have, to hang upside down to take the pressure off the spine.

I don't know whether my homemade pain patch would work for anyone else, but it might and it's certainly cheap. No Rx needed either.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2008]

BILLCAMO New Member

When I read this post , something I've learned popped into my mind. (

I don't know if this would apply to you but I'm sure it would to some.

Several years ago , many employers made it mandatory for their employees to wear fabric back support belts or vests. Initially , they did help reduce on-the-job back injuries.

But , after extended use , the frequency of back injuries and pain has substantially increased when these units are used. It seems that the back muscles get used to the artificial support and actually get "lazy" and weaker.

Some employers have issued directives that the units should only be tightened while actually lifting things. But even that hasn't corrected all of the problems created by the units.

That's a great idea you have about the homemade pain patches ! I'm sure they will help other people.

Blessings ,

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

You are just so clever!!!

Maybe you could patent this, get rich and not have to worry about the workman's comp.

One question. How does your coffee taste. LOL

Wishing you the best.

4. Mikie so clever, what kind of lotion did you use?
  5. lea

lea Member

Great to hear.

What did you use as a patch, over the tylenol?

6. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Hi Mikey,
    My Grand mother used to do that, except she would use regular aspirin ^ Vaseline, make a paste & put it on sore spots & cuts,& stuff. made sense if your stomache cant take Aspirin. she had lots of remedies, they were very Poor when she was growning up, so whatever worked they used!!
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Mikie,

Great idea! Love it.

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For your responses. I appreciate the info and interest. It's good to know about the braces too.

Today, I went out and swept up the bldg's balcony, took in the door mats, and sprayed the entire bldg. for ants. I usually do this once or twice a year. I also took my wet/dry vac down and sucked out my A/C overflow pipe and those of several neighbors. Fungi grow in them and they need to be unclogged every now and then. My back is fine, even with all the bending and moving around. I'm convinced it's the standing in one place for hours which is causing my pain. The good news is that probably means it's not a disc problem.

I used some old Jergen's lotion which does not contain sals. Vaseline would work too but would be more greasy. I covered my concoction with the disposable cloth/paper belt which holds the heat packets. I put a couple of tissues over my skin first.

Laughing about the coffee. It tastes fine. I figure a little acetaminophen and caffeine are what is in Excedrin, so it would be OK. Nanna tells me they sell those patches at the dollar store, so I'm going to check it out. They are expensive everywhere else.

Love, Mikie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

medical magnets on my back today and they seem to be working. Wow! Wouldn't that be something if that's all it takes. Hope so.

Love, Mikie