Madwolf/ac77Carpal tunnel ? What if I don't have surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, May 15, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

The neurologist wanted me to see a suregeon the last appt. in Jan. Today he was getting more insistant and said that it will have to happen sooner or later. What happens if you don't? How long can I get by without? I asked about exercises, but he said my condition is too far advanced for exercises to do much and I will not be able to get by much longer. Frankly, it doesnt't bother me that much. When it hurts, it really hurts, but then with FM/CFS what doesn't? Just wondering what could happen if I continue to refuse. Thanks for any thoughts on this situation, Lendi
  2. carolweedwad

carolweedwad New Member

I have had carpel tunnel for years and it got really bad where I had to wear a brace on both hands all the time in order to function.........i was doing some research on the web and discovered that some doctors were having fantastic results by having there patients take 300mg's per day of B-6. I found it incredible but i had nothing to lose. B-6 is cheap so I got some 100 mg tabs and started taking it 3 times a day. Within a week I could stop wearing the braces. In two months my carpel tunnel was gone. I stopped taking the high doses of B-6 and the pain started coming back. I still find it hard to believe but the word is spreading. Please for your own sake before you have surgery take a couple months to see if you get any relief. I'm a very skeptical type person and the only reason I tried it was because I was desperate. It has been 8 months or so and I literrally have no problems. I no longer take B6 unless my hands start acting up......it's a cheap, easy solution and I hope you get the same results I did.
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

on my right hand lat Nov. Well, yes it hurt like all get out for several days and I couldn't even use my hand to do anything for a couple weeks and I mean anything but, now it is great for me. I still have servere CT in my left hand but, with a 4 year old I will wait a few more years.

Good luck, Kim

[ advertisement ]