Madwolf and others:Celebrex causing Asthma/allergy Symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Heidi, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Hi!
    Have fibro, myofacial pain syndrome,arthritis.

Am taking Birth control pill(to balance peri-menopausal hormones),zopiclone(sleep),Flexeril(muscle relaxant) and 400mg of Celebrex for arthritis in my feet.(Also ZMA and vitamins.)

On sat. I started having chest tightness and breathing troubles when smelling rubber in a store.Now all inks in books, magazines etc, cleaners etc irrititate my airways and my skin.Also have relapse of great fatigue. Have an appoint. with my GP tomorrow. The pharamacist suggested my Celebrex could be to blame.

Have you heard of this?
    Suggestions on how to get myself back to my usual self.?

Thanks, Heidi
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

but I cannot tolerate most meds. Have settled on Vioxx because it takes the edge off my constant headache but anything else I've tried has caused what you explained. My body doesn't seem to like much of anything anymore.

However - knowing how individual we really are with these diseases I would think it could be your body chemistry in combo with the pills as well as the chemical sensitivity.

Your pharmacist might be correct - how long have you been taking Celebrex? I'm sure the pros here would know more than I. Am very interested to see what they have to say. I have learned SO much since coming to this site that every day the first thing I want to do is log on to see what other interesting topic is being discussed.

Love
    Pam
  3. KayL

KayL New Member

but no longer take it. I checked the side effects, and whil that wasn't specifically listed, it could very well be from the Celebrex. There is a list of meds you shouldn't take it with. You can check it at rxlist. Everyone reacts differently to medications, and it may be that you sensitive to this one.

Karen
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

while I was on Celebrex, I did have some lung/breathing tightness. Never mentioned it to the doctor, as I felt so much better other than that. I used Air Power, by Source Naturals. The Air Power is guaifenisen (an expectorant)and lung supportive herbs. It worked well to ease the tightness.

When I had to go off the Celebrex because of tummy trouble with it, the chest tightness stopped.

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. Heidi

Heidi New Member

I lurk reguarily reading posts and "thinking " replies. Takes less energy! And generally there are answers that already state the little I know about this situation very well.

So thanks for taking your energy to reply.
    Will stop the Celebrex and see what happens.
    This is an unacceptable side affect as I am having to use my son's prescription inhaler. Am seeing the dr. tomorrow.

My husband is also ill and waiting for a heart transplant
    (13 months) I think the stress is just wearing me down and messing with my immune system too!

Thanks for responding so quickly!!!!!!!
    Heidi