Madwolf help! Could it be broken??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Mar 28, 2003.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Sorry to bother you but have a question for you about my right foot. Have pain in the top of the foot, like where the bone goes down from the little toe (on top of the foot). It is sore as heck and not swollen and only hurts to walk on some of the time but to touch it is very sore all the time. Dont remember anyone stepping on it or me tripping or anything like that. Thanks for your help! Gentle hugs ~ Toni
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hi Toni -

If you haven't had an injury you can recall, I doubt it is broken. Many of us, myself included, have had excrutiating foot pain out of the blue. I have had this three times in the past - I could not even walk on it. Had a hard time sleeping but the pain was gone in the morning. Do a search up top on this subject. It seems to be a common symptom.

2girls
  3. emttoni

emttoni New Member

For the replies. Ive been staying off of the foot most of the day today and it hasnt helped. I have been having the old plantar fasciitis pain in heel again too - have the old insert that was made for me wrapped in an ace bandage for it. I do have an appt on Wed. with pcp (earliest he had). If it gets any worse I will just go to ER. Thanks again! Gentle hugs ~ Toni
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was in my foot from walking in high heels on a tile floor at work years ago. Nothing to do for it but to stay off it and let it heal.

Love, Mikie
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

with a stress fracture exactly where you describe and in a few days it was a complete fracture. I was working several double shifts because we were being given a hefty bonus to do so and I had some major expenses then. This was in May of this year and I had to wear a cast and stay outta work for 5 or 6 weeks, I think; this completely ruined all the bonus pay!!! I'd just worked through the pain and those hospital floors are killers, anyway, so I really didn't think I could make it any worse....but I did. I chalked this one up to another "learning experience". All of this was verified by an x-ray before and after~~you wouldn't believe the difference a few days made when I should have been off my foot after the first x-ray!!
    Love and empathy,
    Kady