Madwolf, IMPORTANT question for you, Please!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Echos, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Echos

Echos New Member

Madwolf, I've got a very important question for you. Important to me anyway. I was told that CFS and FM are one in the same, just one has more wide spread symptoms and more fatigue than the other. Is this true? If not, how do you prove this point to someone in the Medical profession that is treating both of these as one in the same. Does it make a difference? This is a very good doctor that I'm speaking of that said he and another doctor that meet regularly, have come to the conclusion that this is the same illness. What is your opinion on this. As they both have many of the same symptoms. There are too many doctors telling me too many things. I don't know what's what anymore. Please, can you answer this for me.
    Love,
    Echos
  2. Echos

Echos New Member

Thank you Madwolf. I feel better about this now. I really like this doctor, as he treats me with so much respect. And it took me many doctors to find this man. He is very knowledgable on this and attends as many meetings as he can fit in. It was so important because he was without a doubt a doctor from heaven and I would like to recommend him to others, but I wanted to make sure that his thoughts are close to correct. I respect and thank you for taking your time to answer this "important to me" question.
    Thank you,
    Love Echos
  3. clueless

clueless New Member

I was so VERY interested in this topic as I had years of such deep tiredness and the doctor after blood work said he had no idea why I was so tired. My muscles were tender but not painful at that time. I specifically remember taking our children to Washington for vacation ,sleeping on the tour bus and my legs not wanting to climb the steps to the varios statues. I told the doctor it just was`nt human to be as tired as I was but he had no answer.I want to say thank you to Mad Wolf for this post, it cleared up some things for me. Clueless
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of the same illnes. I also believe they are related to ADHD, annorexia, Ms, Lupus, Parkinsons, and a whole bunch of other neurological disorders. Researchers are coming to the same conclusion.

I also believe that within FMS and CFIDS, there are different manifestations and responses to treatment.

Most researchers believe that we are genetically predisposed and that more than one defective gene is involved. I believe the differences may depend on how many defective genes are involved in each individual. There is research going on now to determine which genes lie outside the normal human genome. I believe this will shed a lot of light on this.

Love, Mikie
  5. Echos

Echos New Member

After staying up all night reading and researching both cfs and fm, I am understanding the conclusions this doctor and his associates have come too. They do seem one in the same with the different manifestations as you and Madwolf say. There are only very few differences in both. Very Few. I find it fascinating what you state about the gene. I have 2 sisters recently Dx with fibromyalgia and my only 3 children have all been Dx with it all at different times. I thought how terrible, I have given this to them. My children that I mention are 22,23, and 25. Each on not knowing the other had this, so there doctor did not know that others in the family had this. My son was also Dx with a bi-polar disorder at the same time. This I seen ahead of time. We all are receiving different treatments depending on out symptoms and severity. What I don't understand is my fatigue. I fight it everyday with no days of relief in between. My symptoms could start a medical dictionary of there own. This doctor said that yes I have all of the pressure points of fm but it don't stop there. My pain is so wide spread that it extends to every part of my body. He said that this is the same illness, just a more severe form, as the disease can come in many different forms and what is devistating one might not be a problem for another. That don't change the name of the disease. He said for each person, the treatment is different depending on there symptoms and severity. I've been told for so long that they are two different illnesses and they should be treated as such. Now I'm being told quite the opposite. Now I must find my own conclusion I guess. What a confusing illness.
    Love,
    Echos
  6. Echos

Echos New Member

Thank you Madwolf. You have given me more insight to all of this than I have had since coming down with this DD. You mentioned Gulf War Syndrome. I find that odd considering I was once asked by a doctor when I first fell ill, if I served in the Gulf War. Now I understand why. At the time the look on my face must have said a thousand words. I also had 2 spinal taps as they said they were checking for Lyme Disease. How was one to know? I do now believe that this is one in the same disease with the severities varying from one person to another. Why are so many divided on this with the answers staring them in the face? I knew I loved this doctor for a reason. Thank you so much for all your understanding and the sharing of your knowledge with one that is just starting to learn about her own illness.
    Love,
    Echos