Madwolf is the first doc appt I have not cried like a baby

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Apr 9, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I used to cry like many of you (most) at every appt and the last one with my former doc he kept saying to me loudly "YOU NEED A PSYCHIATRIST!!!! YOU NEED A PSYCHIATRIST!!!!!" and I read where many of you do the same and hear basically the same, get handed more & more antidepressants, they flipping do not get it.......

we are not nuts. We are frustrated by the utter incompetence on their part and the begging and begging for pain relief only to be told "YOU NEED A PSYCHIATRIST!!!!!! PAIN MEDS ARE NOT THE ANSWER!!!!!!! THEY DO NOT WORK FOR FIBROMYALGIA!!! YOU NEED TO EXERCISE AND SEE A PSYCHIATRIST AND FIGURE OUT WHATEVER IT IS DEEP DOWN INSIDE OF YOU CAUSING YOUR DEPRESSION, YOU GET THAT CURED YOUR PAIN WILL GO AWAY.........YOU NEED A PSYCHIATRIST!!!!!!!

We should be able to wring their necks.

Anyway, my point it that at Madwolfs office I get treated with respect by everyone I see, I am not treated like a seeker of drugs, I do not cry in desperation because I am not belittled. If you have not yet found an understanding doc please, please keep looking, I know it is hard, it stinks but it is worth it.

Jaci
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My new physiatrist (not a shrink) is great. He, and his entire staff, is kind, warm, caring, and understanding. It makes all the difference in the world. If only all docs were like Madwolf and my new doc.

Love, Mikie
  3. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

I am so glad you get to see Madwolf nd that you finally found someone and his staff who understand. I have been there too, crying at every doc appt. I found a Pain Manag.center that believes and understands fibro. ((HUGS))
    Amy
  4. baby-bear

baby-bear New Member

My pain mgt. doctor (center) is really great. They believe and can actually see why I have pain. All I have to do is show them my right foot and knee and wrist..along with the pictures of what was left of my car.... (virtually nothing)

Pammy
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2003]