Madwolf, Jelly, Everyone: ??'s About Herxing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't want to gross y'all out, but it wouldn't be the first time :) I'm beginning to see a pattern with this Herxing thing. As you know, I had to go back on the Doxy due to abcessed tooth and will stay on it through weekend when I will pulse off of it again.

I've noticed that just prior to the Herx, I absolutely crave carbs like my life depends on them. Then, the next day, I feel like hell and the diarrhea hits along with feeling fluish and having a burning sensation in my torso alternating with chills.

The diarrhea is different from any I've ever experienced from any other cause. The odor is putrid, it burns like acid, and there is a lot of mucus in it (told ya it was gonna get gross). The minute that my body is rid of the diarrhea, I start to feel really well except for a little fatigue.

I'm wondering about the carb thing and the mucus and whether y'all suffer from any of these when Herxing. It may just be my particular system and how it handles the Herx but thought I would ask.

Love, Mikie
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Get the same thing. Then I get bacterial infections soon afterwards. Back on antibiotics then.
    If you find a way to cease it let me know.
    Soft teddy hugs.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate the input and ,Madwolf, I just said a little prayer for you. I would hate to have to be seeing patients, or anyone else, on a day when I'm Herxing like this. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Remember that long article I mentioned to you regarding the heparin? This article also mentioned a "bile sludge" in which pathogens live. Now, AJME once mentioned that the Guai might work in part because it thins mucus in the body where pathogens would otherwise thrive. I think she is onto something. I also wonder whether the "sludge" mentioned in the article is just mucus.

I agree with you that when the body undergoes the type of purging ours are going through, there are bound to be other areas where we notice changes. When I started the Guai, my sweat and urine smelled stronger, still does but not as much as in the beginning.

In the case of my teeth, I believe it was years of clenching my jaws which traumatized my teeth and caused the nerves to start dieing. I think for the last couple of years, it has been the ABX which have masked the abcesses and it wasn't until I pulsed off that the problem became apparent.

Since we are among the first, at least in these parts, to be utilizing ABX treatment for our illnesses, I think it is important for us to compare notes. I really believe we are on the right track in treating the problems which are keeping us sick. Little, and not so little, things like your improving vision and my improved balance and depth perception are clues that we are getting some of our former health back. To me, it's very exciting.

I believe these little lesions on your skin are another good sign. The Obagi skin-care products I got from my plastic surgeon have caused all kinds of lesions to surface just as he said they would. He said these are precancerous cells which would eventually turn into skin cancer if left alone. Perhaps that is partly what is going on with you. We know that cancer can be failure of our immune systems to identify and kill off the cancerous cells. This may mean your immune system is working better. I know mine is due to the Herxes I always get now when I pulse off my ABX.

Thanks for the input.

Love, Mikie
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I think you may have just hit on how the Guai works when you said it thins body fluids so our immune systems can get in there and do their job. Why do I think so?
    Because when I had a cold while I was on the Guai, it was the very first cold in my ENTIRE adult life that did not go into my chest, and last for 3 weeks. In fact, I got rid of it in only 3 days, with residual minor symptoms for another 4 days. that has NEVER happened to me before. It always goes into my chest and I cough up yellow blobs for a couple of weeks, at least. I think the Guai was responsible for that, which is why I have a bottle on hand and intend to make sure I always do. I'll start taking it at the first sign of a cold.
    Your point could also explain why Guai did not do anything else for me, ie. I may not have any hidden pathogens. I am on a high dose of the best brand of OLE and am not herxing at all. I plan to go a lot higher before concluding I'm pathogen free, but it is possible, since thyroid medicine has made me feel so much better, and whey is also helping.
    Like you have so often said, we can come to the same symptoms through different causes.
    Klutzo
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so glad that you are doing well on your regimen. Keep us updated. I really do think it's important for us to report even the smallest things. Improvement comes in baby steps, but it's happening for us.

BTW, it was AJME who was smart enough to figure out the Guai-mucus-pathogens thing. I thought it was brilliant when she posted it.

Guai also has blood thinning properties, so it may be helping with any hypercoagulation which is going on too.

Love, Mikie
  7. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

Never knew what I was going through had a name. I'm not on an ABX regimen now, but have had enough sinus infections and monster antibiotics to have the mucousy diarrhea. I found out from an old fashioned doctor that eating yogurt with live cultures takes care of the problem.

BTW, yogurt also seems to work when these nasty intestinal symptoms started happening when on Guai. It doesn't block me up, but helps keep things under control.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have taken probiotics for years which are far stronger in the variety of good bacteria than yoghurt. The only time I have a problem with this is when I Herx.

My IBS has gone away since being on the ABX. In fact, the only time I have diarrhea is when I am Herxing. I'm thinking the dead pathogens may irritate the intestines on their way out.

Thanks again, everyone, for your input.

Love, Mikie
  9. selma

selma New Member

Dear Mikie,

I didn't know anyone else had the mucosy diarrhea. I was told there was nothing wrong. I also get mucus all the time. I'm not on ABX. Need to still find a doc that will give it to me or get on Gui. Hope you're better soon.
    Huggs, Selma