Madwolf? NeuroEndocrine Lab results are in

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klutzo, Dec 4, 2002.

1. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Madwolf --- are you still around?
    I promised you my lab results on thyroid and a NeuroEndocrine Panel. The doctor refused to do the Testosterone test, saying they only do it on men. How backwards!
    Anyway, everything was absolutely normal. My TSH was 2.7, T-4 was 1.2, and everything else was right down the midline too. The only abnormals were my lipids, which are always horrible in spite of daily exercise and a strict diet (It's genetic).
    These results lead me to believe that my change in personality is directly attributable to the FMS itself, esp. since so many others have said they have the same problems.
    I am expecting them to try me on Neurontin to even out the moods and stop the constant teeth grinding, but if it is even remotely related to quinine as Klonopin is, then I'll have to pass. Also, if it puts even 3 lbs. on me, I'll quit it. I've worked too hard to lose weight to go through that again.
    Can you believe it! A classic case of FMS who has a normal thyroid and was not abused as a child! (Just teasing you).
    Affectionately,
    Klutzo
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Madwolf --- are you still around?
    I promised you my lab results on thyroid and a NeuroEndocrine Panel. The doctor refused to do the Testosterone test, saying they only do it on men. How backwards!
    Anyway, everything was absolutely normal. My TSH was 2.7, T-4 was 1.2, and everything else was right down the midline too. The only abnormals were my lipids, which are always horrible in spite of daily exercise and a strict diet (It's genetic).
    These results lead me to believe that my change in personality is directly attributable to the FMS itself, esp. since so many others have said they have the same problems.
    I am expecting them to try me on Neurontin to even out the moods and stop the constant teeth grinding, but if it is even remotely related to quinine as Klonopin is, then I'll have to pass. Also, if it puts even 3 lbs. on me, I'll quit it. I've worked too hard to lose weight to go through that again.
    Can you believe it! A classic case of FMS who has a normal thyroid and was not abused as a child! (Just teasing you).
    Affectionately,
    Klutzo
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am afraid maybe we scared him off too.

Only the strong survive here!

I think we are all very strong thus our dd.

Good post, keep us all informed on the neurontin, I am curious about trying that too.

My teeth are all cracked now & getting worse, a very longtime habit, goes along with my worrying & overactive brain.

Jaci
  4. Ness

Ness New Member

Klutzo: Are you taking anything for depression??? The reason I am asking is that when I was taking Celexa I had the constant teeth grinding and lip biting....I was just wondering if you were having a reaction to a medication.

Peace
    Ness
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

how funny, a doctor who does testosterone tests only on men, did he/she give any reasons? so weird.
    love,
    Susanne
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Hi folks.
    Recently, I decided to try sleeping without my night splint for TMJ, since I was hurting so much every morning. Surprise! The grinding and clenching stopped immediately,and my jaw no longer hurts every am. Looks like the physical therapy exercises I do daily have once again moved my jaw, and now the splint is making it worse instead of better. I cannot recommend Physical Therapy enough for these problems. Cranio-sacral therapy is the fastest way, in my experience, to move the jaw, but it is not covered by insurance like P.T. is. Chiro may be even faster.
    Jaci - so sorry about your teeth. This DD has a lot to answer for.
    Susanne - no reason was given for not doing the testosterone test. I am not going to push it, as testosterone is a double-edged sword. It may increase sex drive and energy in women whose level is too low, but it also can increase the risk of heart attack and can possibly increase hair loss, and I already have a very high risk of an HA and some hair loss.
    Ness - No, I am not taking anything for depression. What I feel about long term use of those drugs is not printable!
    Marla - thanks for the clue. My grinding problem started about the same time I switched from a ski machine to a treadmill. The treadmill hurt my lower back badly until I had my husband put a block under it to eliminte the incline. Since you say this is all connected, that is probably what started it.
    It's better now, so I am not going to try to fix what ain't broke.
    Klutzo

[This Message was Edited on 12/05/2002]