MADWOLF or anybody - CMV?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tulip922s, Jul 25, 2003.

1. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I am usually lurking in the shawdows here, but, have gotten alot of good information and have enjoyed reading the posts. Most of the time I am sooooo ill I am unable to post as it requires sitting up for several minutes at a time which is out of my reach most days.

Anyway, I saw a new rhuemy yesterday who is evaluating me for lupus (had a biopsy on chest and back rash that came back Cutaneous Lupus Erythamotosis). I requested EBV, HHV6, and CMV tests and here are the results:

EBV - Early Antigen Ab, IgG - POSITIVE
    EBV Ab VCA, IgG >170
    EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, IgG >200

CMV ABS IGG/IGM = 22.1 (positive =>or 1.1)

Complement C3 151.0 (range is 75-135) Complement CH50 63 (range is 22-60)

Any help interrupting this would be appreciated, although rhuemy said anyone who has had these in the past can have high readings. The normal ranges on all of these test are way below my readings. What does this mean?

Thanking in advance. Tulip
  2. sujay

sujay New Member

EBV and CMV, along with HHV-6, chlamydia and mycoplasma are the most common pathogens I identify; they're the ones I lood for and I can identify at least one of them in all the patients I tes by PCR. This is a test that looks for DNA from these organisms in your bloodstream, which is a sigh of CURRENT infection. Tansfer Factor, obtained from colostrum, can help prime your immune system to fight off these organisms, but I've found you oten need to address problems with hypercoagulation as well. You'll find lots of posts on these topics in the archives. It's a lot to digest, so let us know if you have any further questions.

Hang in there. I've got lots of patients who were bed-ridden like you are who are now out and about enjoying life. The road to recovery is a long one, but it's worth it!

Best wishes,
    Sujay
  3. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

Everytime I bring up PCR to my docs, they just scratch their heads. So I asked to have individual viruses checked. Do these figures mean anything? And I am allergic to milk, can I still take Transfer Factor and how long before I should see results? Thanks, Tulip