Madwolf or anyone who knows -- going for these lab tests

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seagull, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Seagull

Seagull New Member

My doc has ordered the usual tests for liver function and lipid panel, and CBC with differential and platelets. He has also, for the first time, added to these the following tests -- fasting Cortisol, lymphocyte, and heavy metal screening.

My question is this -- is there a better time of day to get a more accurate cortisol and lymphcyte test results than early morning or does the timing matter when one has fasted anyway?

I read some of the other posts on the cortisol tests others had and was a little confused by how some of those test results appeared to have been made inaccurate by the timing. Or, did I misunderstand what was being discussed?

Thanks for all feedback. :)
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Seagull

Seagull New Member

I am glad to hear that. That is usually the time of morning that I prefer to get to that lab -- otherwise, I end up with an hour's wait!

I always fast after 9 p.m. the night before.

Thanks, again, for your help. :)
  4. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

does it affect the cortisol level up or down if u eat or drink?
    i am having big problems in this department in that most of my docs dont believe i have an issue that needs addressing..and if i do that suppliments will help..
    well they help me for about an hour and thats it...thoi have a superior product suggested by Dr Goodheart himself...

i was sent for an ACTH test and it came back fine ..or so the endocronologist said..
    however, when i had the test done, after the first injection i almost passed out..(Btw why would that be that i almost passed out..one doctor suggested that means i have plenty of cortisol if it made me feel that way) i got so lightheaded and the nurse handed me a donut...i said are u sure this is ok to take...she said oh yes..
    well as u have stated and from what i read,its not good...
    having seen my results baseline cortisol was something like 27, then 31 post injection and donut 30 mins later, then 33 at 60 mins...
    she said i was fine...
    well i read its supposed to double in 30 or 60 minutes...
    often times my blood pressure drops when standing...my doc sluffed that off as could be because u didtn eat or are dehydrated...(mind u i drink water all day)
    but Madwolf, my low blood sugar symptoms are so bad...no matter how hard i try to manage them there just isnt much rhyme or reason and it ruins my whole life...
    the moods...the need to lay down..the being too weak TO MAKE food that i need...
    last year i started allergy shots..my allergies were found out to be bad and numerious...i developed asthma...its all so obvious to me...
    i brought a print out of Teitlebaums book and others about the safe factor of small levels of cortef and my doctor refused...
    she said Amy you could die...if there is nothing wrong with your adrenals, within 24 hours youd be dead...id lose my license etc...she said it could ruin your adrenals for later etc etc....
    she scared me ..she truly did..here i thought i really had something real...
    they wont acknowledge any thyroid issues either..all tests including antibodies are fine..
    but my morning basal temp was 96.8-97.4....that said thats not low enough...
    all other hormones including progesterone turned out fine...
    it so seems to be starting somewhere in the pituatary region to me...sometimes i just feel the wires arent connecting and i swear i couldnt tell u my name when its at its worse...
    only thing they see is low working immune with EB active on occasion...

thanks sooo much for you time..
    its really REALLY nice to know a doctor out there is actually listening to us!!!

Amy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2003]

[ advertisement ]