madwolf thanks, but

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Dec 16, 2002.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

I guess supplements wasnt the right word. I have searched all your posts and cant find the one I'm looking for. Can you believe that? It had L-Phenylalanine and L-Tyrosine and some others that I dont remember. These really interest me because of the chocolat -in love feeling- and oxytocin production. I know quite a few narcoleptics use l-tyrosine so would be happy to hear anything you have to say or just point me to the old pose. Tried the search but it just gives me some "you did it all wrong message" Thanks
  2. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Phenylalanine ----A precursor to brain chemicals which fibro/cfs patients seem to have a reduction in...It's the precursor to tyrosine, dopamine and the catecholamines-epinephrine and norepinephrine. Deficiencies may produce low levels of important brain chemicals (copamine and the catecholamines). Deficiency Symptoms: hypothyroidism, depression, learning and memory dysfunctions, chronic fatigue and autonomic dysfunction.

Tyrosine--made from phenylalanine, serves as a precursor to the catecholamines and thyroxine (throid hormone). Low levels associated w/ hyperthyroidism. Been used as a treatment for depression.

A study at the Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Clinic in Michigan, showed 85% were low in both.

Info above found in Dr. Edward J. Conley's "America Exhausted". In which there is alot more about these two---may want to look at it. He is the founder of the above Clinic.
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2002]

[ advertisement ]