mag, calcium, malic acid at night?????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Mar 28, 2003.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

Do any of you take this on an empty stomach or always with food?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I take the Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) before breakfast, and before lunch on an empty stomach.

I take the ZMA (zinc, magnesium and B-6) before bed.

I don't take a calcium supplement, as I am a big on dairy products.

I do make sure that I eat/drink dairy hours before or after the magnesium supplements.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 03/28/2003]
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

Why are you careful to make sure hours are between eating dairy and taking magnesium? I havent eaten dairy in years and just started with some sheep cheese and today my legs are freezing again. Maybe there is a connection. It went away when I started the levoxyl and cortef about a month ago but ate a lot of cheese yesterday and today with no thought about it.
  4. dsames

dsames New Member

I take Mag, malic acid, which is a combination pill, 1,000 mg, one in the morning, and one at bedtime. It seems to make me sleep better.
    Have a great day.
    Love Shirley
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I used to take calcium with magnesium, but I didn't find it helped me with the Fibro.

Then I read somehwere that if you take them separately, they work better. So I just make sure that I put a couple of hours between them! It can't hurt you, but I found it didn't help me either taking them together.

Sofy, I just found out that I can't eat cheese anymore! I ate cheese, a fairly good bit of it last week, and woke up with the most horrific IBS pains that I have had in years, I was sitting on the toilet with a heating pad on my stomach off and on for two hours! I never had labor pains that bad.
    It was American Cheese and a sharp cheddar with port wine. I won't make that mistake again.

I will stick to my real butter, cream cheese, yogurt and milk from now on, and an thinking about the Coral Calcium since everyone is having such good results with it.

Shalom, Shirl