maganese i got some 15 mg how much do i take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, May 29, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Woofman i know you know this! I got really warm after taking this or a couple and I think it has helped me.
    I may be imagining this. For a woman 5 fr 8 inches. 148 lbs.
    How much can i take a day i want to take enough. It came as 15 mg.

Also another thought I have a 28 year old son who is overweight fatigue, shaky and myself I think he has hypoglicemia. He has numerous knee injurys. He shakes and shy and has panic attacks. He craves sugar do you think this will help him?
    Thanks
    Sue

2. hensue

hensue New Member

i did not realize that! Thanks but i doubt he will know that.
    I appreciate it though
    Sue
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Your doctor will almost surely not know a thing about manganese and the reason we need to supplement is because digestion is not working. Virtually all of us have gut dysbiosis and that is why vitamins and minerals are not being absorbed and assimilated properly and so we have to supplement with them. You will have to determine the best dosage for you. Just keep reading all you can about it.

The RDA doesn't work for people who don't absorb and assimilate nutrients properly. Plus it's way low, anyway. It's probably a good start, but I wouldn't automatically limit myself to it.

karen
  4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I'm taking Ligaplex II. It contains Vitamins A, C, D, E B12, calcium and a very high mg of Manganese. But I'm being closely monitored by my chiropractor. I don't know how long he will keep me at this high of a dose..... About your son: Any one who has ever had any type injury that involves the skin, ligaments and/or tendons needs Manganese. I remember reading something about sugar cravings having been indicated in Manganese deficiency.
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

Usually i feel horrible headache achy you know sometime.
    Who knows with Fibro. It takes a while to see if something works. I made a mistake though of starting maganese the same time i did 5htp. I take that at night with klonopin.
    I slept!
    Sue
  6. hensue

hensue New Member

I am only taking the supplement manganese 15 mg. I take multi gold vitamin also and fibro care which is malic acid.
    I do not know how much to tell my son to take he has gotten up to 270 lbs. he is 6ft 1 that is way to big.
    he had the shakes and anxiety all before that and craved sugar.
    Thanks
    Sue
  7. woofmom

woofmom New Member

If there is any way possible you owe it first to yourself and then your son to go to a chiropractor. They do not cost near as much as MDs and their #1 goal is to get people healthy.