Magnassager? opinions??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I have a Homemedics percussion massager, which is helpful, but yes, can make me itch and it is heavy and awkward to hold.

The commercial for Magnassager interests me, esp when a few people testify about such dramatic pain relief...

Anybody try one and really think it's worth the $100plus?

In pain,

Jen
  2. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I'd like to know any info on this too.

Tammy
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

4. echostorm2003

echostorm2003 New Member

We bought ours a couple of years ago and my husband says it does help him.The one we got was Homemedic and it has the magnetic balls you could use or you can use some that aren't as hard. Usually when I use it on my husbands back, the first few times I go down his back you can see the muscles jump but then it starts working out. By the way we bought ours at WalMart for for $50. Hope this helps.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/05/2003]
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

appreciate your response, but I think you might be talking about the Homemedics percussion massager. I have one, though none of the ball attachments for mine are metal.

The magnasager specifically is NOT a percussion massager, but has magnetic balls which rotate deep into the muscle.

I do find the Homemdics percussion massager helpful, but the Magnasager looks really good on the commercials and they say it's better than percussion massage.

I am hoping someone can tell me more about the Magnassager specificially. But, I am glad the Homemedics helps you guys, it's definitely a help to me too, but I could use better.

thanks

jen
  6. Jen F

Jen F New Member

It does look really good.

Have you also tried percussion massagers and if so, how do you rate opposite your magnassager?

thanks.

jen
  7. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I don't have a husband to use it on my back every day. Could get occasional help from a friend, and I imagine you could do your legs yourself, but it is made for someone else to hold onto your back from what I gather.

But, it looks so nice.

Maybe we should post personal ads: single woman with CFS looking for man who has a Magnassager and is not afraid to use it.

:)
  8. Jen F

Jen F New Member

would like one more opinion at least