Magnesium and Malic Acid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missnae1, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Do these supps come in a combined form or do you have to buy them separately? What is best dosage? How have they helped you? All replies appreciated.
  2. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Missnae1, I take magnesium and malic acid in a combination formula. The brand is called Source Naturals, the name on the bottle is called Magnesium Malate. You take 3 a day with meals. Look for it in health food stores only. I order mine in a bulk bottle, it's $15.50 for 180 tablets which last a while. I wouldn't be without this combo, it's helped a lot. Good luck, Hugs, Chelz.
  3. debonlake

debonlake New Member

I have been using the same brand as Chelz (Source Naturals) and love it. I have been using both magnesiun and Malic Acid for many years. I used to take them separately but now am using the combination It has been one of the best supplements I have used. If I take a break from it I can tell right away with added muscle spasms and pain. I have from time to time thought that maybe I was spending money for nothing like I am sure many of us do, but as I said before, usually within a week I feel it. I order it from Vitacost. Deb
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Heres another brand to choose from. I have used the Source Naturals and several other brands of Malic Acid and Magnesium, but the one that helped the most, and did not cause a stomach upset (I have IBS) is Pro Health's 'Pro Energy' extra strength(Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate).

I have been taking this for almost three years now. It is wonderful and causes no stomach upsets.

It has helped with the pain, energy, and constipation.

If you are having a problem with deep sleep, then I would recommend ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) by SNAC or the same brand is also sold here at Pro Health. Prices are much better than the healthfood store/catalogs.

This combination is good for pain relief, FM fog, sleep, and that panicky feeling also.

I take both of the above everyday.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 06/20/2003]
  5. dsames

dsames New Member

I also take Magnesium Malate, the same as Chelz takes. I take 2 in the A.M. one at noon, and 2 at bedtime. I think they are great.
    I find the two at nite, along with one calcium pill(I take 3 calcium daily) and one benadyr help me sleep well.
    I did try the extra strength ones advertised here on the board, but did not work as well for me as the magnesium malate.
    Good luck,
    Shirley
  6. reva727

reva727 New Member

I take my malic acid separately. The brand I'm taking right now is the Vitamin Shoppe brand, but there are other good ones, one is right here on this website. I don't think it makes any difference whether you take them together or separately as long as you get enough of both. Usually the bottles tell how much to take. I've been taking it a long time and it seems to help.
  7. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I'm taking 825mg once a day in am of both together but can't say it's helped that much yet but only been on it for a few days. One thing I've noticed is increase itching all over so maybe it's too much. I also take the ZMA at night which does help me sleep better.
  8. starstella

starstella New Member

I've been using the ProEnergy magnesium and malic acid supplement available from this site for about one and one half months. I have noticed less muscle pain since starting this combo. The price was good too.
  9. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Shirl,
    I was just going to ask if any one had a problem with malic acid and you just posted my answer.
    I pretty much gave up on taking it, as it hurts my stomach.
    I tried Magnesium Malate, and I can't even eat apples without getting bad stomach cramps, etc.
    I also have constipation so if this would help that would be great.
    I just started a shopping cart, but didn't order yet, so I'll add that to my list :)
    I hesitate about the ZMA though cause it seems so pricy :-(
    Thanks,
    Ziggy
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have the same problems with eating apples, and I must have tried a half dozen different brands of malic acid and magnesium, only to give them away. They tore the heck out of my stomach. Some cost as much as $35.00 a bottle.

I can take the Pro Energy on an empty stomach, thats how gentle it is!

As for the ZMA Hon, that stuff is a miracle to me. It is on sale at Pro Health right now, you get two bottles of 90 capsules for $29.90.

Thats almost as much as I used to pay for one bottle of the ZMA by SNAC (same brand as Pro Health sells), it is $24.95 from the company (SNAC) or at the healthfood stores.

I take two ZMA at night so that last me 45 days. Most woman start with one at night.

I had a problem with constipation all my life. But since I started those two products, I go regually, every blessed day now. What a relief!

Let me know how you do on either one or both.

Shalom, Shirl

11. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Okay, I'm convinced!
    I'll try the ZMA and the malic Acid. I'll keep you posted as to how they work for me.
    Thanks!
    Ziggy
  12. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be waiting to hear how it works for you. I sure hope you get the results that I got.

Shalom, Shirl
  13. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

on this website. You can't beat the price and it seems to be really helping me. I'm hoping I continue to be helped by this combo as it is so reasonably priced.

I haven't tried the ZMA yet but will do so soon.

I'm so glad for all the good advice on this website. It has been a Godsend since the doctors I've seen don't seem to have much good to say about supplements.

Best of luck - let us know how you do!

Pam
    Spanaway, WA