Magnesium and Malic Acid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annie06, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Annie06

Annie06 New Member

I have been taking magnesium mostly because of my constipation with all the meds I have to take.... But I just heard of "Magnesium and Malic Acid" There doesn't seem to be a happy medium when I take the magnesium, and my stomach is always turning.
    I would like to know whether Mag.and Malic Acid is better for you?? and will it still help with the bowels??? I have Degenerative Disc Desease, and lots of muscle spasm... read that the mag. is good for this... Any one out there taking this, and does it help??? Thanks and pain free days to everyone!

Hugs
    Annie
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I've been taking the mag/malic acid sold here at Immune support~ I did'nt get awsome results,but definately good results!!(I would'nt go without it now.) I noticed a lesser amount of muscle aches,and it made my bowels much more regular!!which is a godsend for me having IBS~
    I use to either be constipated or having diarreah every other day~Now with the mag/malic....I go everyday,a regular bowel movement~So thats a big plus!! I like the supplement!! Its worth it~
    Hope this helps :)
    ((hugs)),
    Tracey
  3. Annie06

Annie06 New Member

Thank you for your quick response! I did manage to find "Maf Force" Magnesium (citrate) 100mg and Malic Acid
    350mg. I live in Canada, and wasn't even sure I could get this...... and of course I didn't want to wait!!It says to take 1 capsule daily....? I have also been taking Cal/Mag... Calcium 476mg and Magnesium Oxide 167mg with vit D (100 I.U.) I've been taking the Cal/Mag for a few months now and I take 2 caps with each meal. Then I went and bought just Magnesium..... (only a wk. ago) I've been taking at least 2-3 a day, and they're 100mg. each! I've just been playing with it. with the Malic Acid and Magnesium...... how much do you think would be good?? Now I am totally confused!!! Any help would be great!!1 You're so right with this site it is wonderful1 If you're down, everyone is so supportive!
    Thanks to everyone who answered my message!

Annie
  4. Annie06

Annie06 New Member

I managed to get some "Mag Force" Malic Acid/Magnesium! So I will give it a good try.... I also have IBS But I mostly wanted it for muscle spasm and chronic pain... Thanks for your quick response!

Hugs
    Annie
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

and maybe magnesium combination, so I am interested in what is said here, esp since recently I'm dealing with alot of pain and muscle spasm and DDD.

so, thanks, guys!

Jen F
  6. Annie06

Annie06 New Member

Sorry Dale, I'm still new at this computer stuff...!
    Your info was helpful regarding more mag. then calcium. I am giving it a good try!

Annie
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have tried a whole lot of different brands of magnesium, but finally found one that does NOT give me stomach problems.

I take the Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) for pain, energy, and the 'foggies', plus it did help with constipation. I have been taking the Pro Energy now for almost 3 years.

I also take ZMA (SNAC brand) (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6), for deep sleep and it also is wonderful for the pain, muscle spasms too. I have been taking the ZMA for one year.

Both can be bought here at Pro Health. They do not give me any stomach problems, and I have IBS.

Plus they have stopped a life time of constipation too.

Just go to the 'Store' link at the top right of this page, and click on there. Type in either name and you can read about both of them.

Hope this helps...................

Shalom, Shirl

8. cherburt

cherburt New Member

I have been taking natural calm a supplement for about 4 mos. I also take some Malic Acid I buy a GNC. You can read about Natural Calm on their website NaturalCalm.net. It has helped me stay regular and with my muscles.
    Cherie