magnesium and neurontin must be spaced.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darlee, Apr 27, 2003.

1. darlee

darlee New Member

I was concerned about the info posted saying that perhaps we couldn't take neurontin and magnesium. However, the makers of it state that you can provided you space it 2 hours before or after one of your neurontin doses. If not, they say that the magnesium can block the neurontins absorption just like antiacids do. They also acknowledge that many of us fibros take magnesium and that it is beneficial. I'm glad cause I benefit from both.

Darlee
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I take magnesium in the morning, and Neurontin at night. So far I've had no problems.

Annette2
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

I started taking ZMA and it has magnesium in it. And I take neurontin at bedtime for sleep. Need to start spacing them. Thanks again! -Karen
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

You said you talked to the "makers" was this the maker of neurontin, or a magnesium supplement?
    When they are talking about spacing doses so not to block absorption, are they referring to absorption that takes place in the GI tract? I am assuming so since antacids were mentioned, and these commonly block meds from being absorbed?

Thanks appreciate your answers, LL