Magnesium Dose ??? Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz41, Aug 15, 2003.

1. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi All:

I have been having a bit of a problem with my morning dosage of magnesium, I usually take it after breakfast with my malic acid 250mg of magnesium glnc. andI make sure not to take any calcium or have any calcium products yet I find myself sleepy and drowsy on various days. Its not the kind of fatigue that I experience when falring or having a bad day. I take my Vit B complex and other supplements at lunch to avoid stomach upset. Than I take the magnesium and malic acid at bedtime again same dose. Anyone familiar with sleepiness. I'm pretty sure it could be the magnesium, just wanted some feedback. Any Ideas are helpful. Thanks

Suz
  2. todayisagift

todayisagift New Member

My acupuncturist just put me on some herbs:
    Magnesium 200 3x a day but I take the 250 2x a day instead
    B Complex 1 x per day
    Fever Few
    Malic Acid + 1000 mgs of Calcium at bedtime
    Wobenzyme 2 x 3 times a day
    a Chinese herb I can't remember 3 x 3 a day, I hate it it smells yucky and is hard to swallow :(
    -Megan
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I take the Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) before breakfast, and before lunch (with water). It does not make me sleepy.

If its not fatigue, then try taking the magnesium in the evening and before bed. Its best to space it out through the day, but if its really making you sleepy, you might have to take it just later in the day.

Stop the morning dose and see how you feel.

Let me know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. suz41

suz41 New Member

Thanks for the input, I do space out my other supplements throughout the day. However I think I will try taking the magnesium at bedtime instead of the mornings. I go back to work in the schools next week and I really need all the energy I can get. Thanks again

Suz