Magnesium Injections?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dented, May 17, 2006.

1. Dented

Dented New Member

In an effort to find a balance between conventional and natural treatments for my pain, I went to a "doctor" who prescribed weekly Magnesium injections. Has anyone heard of this before or tried them? If yes, did you not any success or improvement?
  2. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

they do help with muscle pain, but they can be painful. is the dr. giving them to you? i used to give them to myself, it really wasn't too bad. i do other injections now, b-12 and nexavir, so i laid off the mAG SHOTS, BUT TRY THRM, THEY DO SEEM TO HELP
    anne
  3. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Hi!

My Dr. has prescribed Magnesium (2cc)/ Lidocaine (1cc) injections once a week for me. I've been doing them (as well as B-12 injections) since January.

Magnesium is supposed to help with pain & Migraines. I initially had a reduction in pain, but am now flaring due to the entire Chlamydia Pneumoniae treatment I'm on. BUT...I have had a substantial reduction in my Migraines since January! Is it the Mag. injections or a combo of my new supps/ meds? Can't say for sure! I suspect the Magnesium has helped reduce my headaches.

The Mag. injections are kinda painful. I give them to myself. My buns are getting very sore from all the injections! (I was doing 3 B-12's a week!)

Now, I'm doing sublingual B12, so I just need to do the once a week Magnesium injection.

I'd give it a try if I were you! From what I've been told; you can't "OD" on Magnesium!

Hugs,
    Annie
  4. urmiladd

urmiladd New Member

Hi,

I had Vitamin C and B injections only. And even though I was assured of the positive effects and it was meant to give some strength and help the body, I felt terrible with it. My whole system got out of balance again and I had a total relaps. The little improvement I had before was gone and I was bed-ridden again for several days. This happened three times. To me it seemed that the injections were too intense for the body; too much to deal with at once. Still in principle I think they are good. I want to give it one more try.

Urmila