Magnesium & malic Acid ??? Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz41, Jul 16, 2003.

1. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi Everyone:

I have been experiencing sudden tiredness after I take my am dosage of Magnesium (250mg) and Malic Acid (600 mg) I also take my Calcium (600mg) at that time too shortly after eating breakfast. This usually wears off by early afternoon, however I was wondering has anyone else experienced something similiar to this.I take the rest of my magnesium, malic acid and calcium after dinner. I know that some articles I have read states it has a relaxing effect, but I literally could lay down and go to sleep. Recently I have been sleeping better and waking up with less pain and stiffness and feeling more refreshed. Any ideas out there? I have checked the dosing and it appears in the safe range, plus I have not had any other side effects such as nausea or diaharrea. Help is appreciated.

Suz
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I also take the Malic Acid and Magnesium, Before breakfast (with a glass of water) and before lunch (with a glass of water), BUT do not take calcium supplement/or calcium rich foods with it. (The directions on my bottle says; 'For best results, avoid taking with dairy or other calcium-containing foods or supplements).

Try taking your calcium about three hours inbetween the magnesium.

The Malic Acid and Magnesium do not make me tired or sleepy.

It maybe the combining the calcium.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. suz41

suz41 New Member

Thanks Shirl:

I figured something was up when I noticed increased sleepiness and feeling TOO relaxed. Hadn't researched the Calcium combo. I will take my Calcium later on in the day to avoid this problem. God knows I don't I don't want to be falling asleep while my clients are talking to me. I appreciate your help

Suz
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I take it only at night, because it seems to help with the sleep issues..

Plantscaper