Magnesium question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Nov 9, 2006.

1. What type and how much, when do you take this?
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Fibrobutterfly:

I take 500mg of magnesium maelate (sp) at night about an hour before bed, I also take my calcium at the same time. (1200mg) it has vitamin D in it as well.

One thing to remember about magnesium is not to take any meds within a 2hour period of taking the magnesium. This may cause a problem with absorption of medication.

Hope this was helpful, I have found if I go higher on the mag I have intestinal issues the next day...

Take Care,

Suz45
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I take a balanced magnesium/calcium/zinc combo. The all work well together.

Mine is just a store brand with 399mg/999mg/15mg and I take it twice a day. Once at lunch (I spread it out instead of taking it with all of my other meds) and one at night before bed.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  4. kbak

kbak Member

We all need way more magnesium then we've been taught. The problem is you take to much you get intestinal upset. One of the things I've been doing is taking Ionic Fizz, which is a wonderful way to get good magnesium absorbsion, and transdermal magnesium.

They now have out magnesium you can use topically. It's a great way to get extra magnesium, and it helps with muscle pain.

kbak
  5. forfink

forfink New Member

Found Magnesium Glycinate is extremely easy on the stomach. I take about 600mg a day. Just check past info on the boards and there is an incredible amount of information. Best to You!!!
  6. wld285

wld285 New Member

First, it is very important to divide your doses. Only so much calcium can be absorbed by your body at one time. You should take 1/2 the amount of magnesium you take of calcium. I take 1200 mg. cal and 600 mg. mag divided 3x ady. (One before bedtime).I also get some in my other supplements.
    Hope this helps.
    Linda