Magnesium

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nancyz, Feb 2, 2006.

1. nancyz

nancyz New Member

Do any of you take magnesium and if so does it help?
    If you do take it what kind such as with malic acid or whatever and how mgs of the product?
  2. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

I take 1200mg of magnesium a day!!!! BIG HELP. BUT I must also add that I am a Gastric Bypass patient so My absorption is different than most normal people. I have to take higher doses of most meds to see a difference. I also take 600 of malic acid when I am able. It tends to upset my stomach *which by the way has no stomcah acid and is the size of an egg....
    Sooo I have to be careful or I could get an ulcer.

The malic acid is very helpful and the days that I can take it I do notice a difference.

Hope this helps.
    THe magnesium helps with muscle metabolism and the transport of ATP. something our bodies doen't know how to do very well. that is why we don't have the energy of most.

HUGS
    Angel
  3. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

which are the better forms of magnesium?. I took Magnesium Oxide pills years ago.
  4. Trena

Trena New Member

I buy a Calcium, Magnsium and Zinc tablet all combined. I take it as directed on the bottle.
    I read in a nutritional healing book that most people with fibromyalgia have a magnesuim deficiency. Try it and let us know if it works for you.
  5. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Hi Nancy,

Both my daughter and I take a powdered magnesium by Peter Gulham. It's called Natural Calm. Someone on the board told me about it. We both swear by it for our IBS, I've been taking malic acid for the past month, but may discontinue since I see no difference.

M
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

is now available off prescription. Be careful with the oide if you have ever had kideney stones. I read a post a while back that slo mag was good. The pills are a bit big though.
    Magnesium gives some people "the runs" As I was awake 90% of last night I intend taking the slo mag tonight. Meant to be good for migraines too.
    Love Anne
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi I take it and not to much as it makes me go to the bathroom. Also it helps me sleep better. I take Rite Aids brand calcuium, magnesium and zinc combined.
    Rnen
  8. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Hi
    I take a Malic acid/ Mag combo and I could tell a diff within 2 days. My muscles hurt before. I found a book at the health food store on malic and he said to take 2400mg
    wow that sounded a lot but now I upped mine to 1500 before bed and it seems to help.

Carolyn in Ill
  9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I finally tried supplementing with Magnesium and after taking it less than 2 weeks I am sleeping through the night with only the help of 5HTP. I used to need Ambien as well as 5HTP (boosts serotonin). I order my supplements online through Essential Therapeutics....excellent quality. This website belongs to Dr. Roger Murphree a Chiropractor who treats FMS/CFIDS in Birmingham, AL.

I went to a conference given by Dr. Murphree last year and he is wonderful. It's a shame I don't live closer to him.

I'm not promoting here, just sharing information.

Lolalee

10. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I take a magnesuim,zinc and calcium supplement.And it does help.This was perscribed by my reheumy.
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

since he has CFS. Hangininthere suggested it as a way to cut some of his morning brain fog, and I believe it's working! He is only taking 500 mg. at bedtime right now...we're starting slowly...but if it goes well, he'll increase to 1000 mg. at bedtime. Great stuff!
  12. MKlady

MKlady New Member

It upsets my intestinal tract...I think it would help other things but I am sooooo miserable on it.

Thanks
  13. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried 'ZMA' (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6)? I started with one capsule a night, now I can take the full 2 capsules without any diarrhea each night, and as the others said, it helps with deep stage four sleep, spasms, and it cured my RLS completely.

I buy mine here at Pro Health, the price is great, and it works. It is Magnesium Aspartate, go to the 'Store' link at the top of this page and read about it. Its sure worth a try.

I also will take the Natural Calm when I have a flare, it works wonders, but it is Magnesium Citrate and can cause diarrhea.

Shalom,Shirl
  14. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I'll definitely order it on my next ProHealth order - thanks so much for the tip!

Mary