magnet therapy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poodlemommy, Mar 20, 2003.

1. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Just wondering what experience you have had with magnetic therapy. Went to the podiatrist today for foot pain. He made a mold to order orthodics and gave me magnetic insoles. Just started today. He also injected cortisone in my left foot. It hurts worse since the injection. I wanted to see what you felt about the magnetic treatment. He said the good thing about these ones is there is not the north south. They are magnetic and stick on both sides which is supposed to be a good thing. Anyone tried these and what were your results.
    thanks in advance
    poodlemum
  2. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

My mom had tried magnetic back brace & bracelets for pain (her brother was selling them). She said it was no help at all. Who knows though, we are all different!
    Peace,
    Pixie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I tried them too, but no results at all. Sorry, not being negative, just honest. I just recently threw them all out.

I had the ones for my feet, and for my back. The ones in the foot pads made my feet hurt worst. The ones for my back did nothing.

But hay, maybe they might help your Mom! Who knows??

Shalom, Shirl
  4. phenom

phenom New Member

hi poodlemum,

i have a magnetic underlay for my bed. i can't say i've found much help from it - but then again, pain meds don't help me much either. i do leave it on though, because i don't see it causing any harm... you can't feel the magnets as u lay on them, unless you sit up on your elbow right on one - then YOU KNOW ABOUT IT! also making sure the underlay fits the bed snug helps, other wise the magnets can 'stick up' a bit as the bedding moves - and they can dig in to you. i've been using it for about 12 months and have only leant on one and had it 'stick up' about once or twice (each thing). there is lots of info on the internet about it - have a look.

phenom
  5. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I tried magnetic therapy on my back during a local Fibromyalgia support group meeting. In only an hours time my back went from being extremely painful to a very relaxed feeling. I don't know if it was because I was was distracted from my pain by the sales woman or if it was actually the magnets. I could not afford the magnets she was selling and never persued it further for fear that I would waste my money on some product that would not work.
  6. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

My mom has always sworn by her magnets. She has a mattress pad that she sleeps on. I have found tremendous relief with my wrist magnets. I have carpal tunnel, and when it's really acting up, I wrap that band around my wrist. It helps for me, but I am only one little person. They do not work for everyone, obviously...
  7. swred5

swred5 New Member

They didn't cure my pain, but I did notice an improvement with the pain. I haven't tried them for my fibro pain, but it might be interesting to see if it would help! Good luck! : )
  8. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

Tried the ansitropic (the strongest ones, supposedly) magnetic band and necklace, and I can't say as it really does anything for the pain. Just glad I got it on sale and that the necklace at least looks pretty enough to wear, since the magnetism doesn't seem to really do anything.... I've heard some people actually get good results from them though, especially on wrists.
  9. emilym

emilym New Member

Magnets are truly incredible.

I have DHS (Diabetic Hand Syndrome of AKA trigger finger. After Cortisone and all the terrible and awful side effects that it can bring to a diabetic individual--I went to an acupuncturist. We started regular sessions 2x's a week. This helped me immensly. Then she ordered me magnets for my shoes. WOW--using them to this day and I am practically trigger and pain free in my fingers. I suggest going with a good-high end brand. Mine were from Japan, Magnets--work and you do have to give it a few days to really get the energy flow moving.

I also slept on a magnet bed--and loved the way my neck felt after the night.

Emily