Magnetic Clasps For Jewelry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I ordered and received my magnetic jewelry clasp set from HSN. They are also sold from ads on TV. The ones I got came in a set, 4 silver tone clasps, 4 gold tone clasps, and a gold and a silver necklace extender. They pretty much sell everywhere for $19.99 plus S&H. HSN had them as a special and the S&H were free. I was delighted to find a free gift of a hanging jewelry container with clear pockets on it. It has a hanger so it can hang with clothes in the closet and there are many clear plastic pockets for jewelry. There are pockets on both sides. I love it!

The magnets allow one to put jewelry on more easily. I realized that there are a lot of pieces I never wear because of the tiny clasps which I can no longer fasten when around my neck or wrist. With the magnets, you attach them to the clasps and then, you put the necklace or bracelet on and the magnets just come together with magnetic attraction. There are even locks on them. You just twist the cover and they won't come apart.

These are great for us if we have trouble with fine motor skills and would make great gifts for older women or women with arthritis or FMS.

Y'all wouldn't believe the sale I found on silver jewelry. One of our stores had jewelry on clearance. I paid from ninety cents to nine dollars. Four of the pieces were $1.50 and four were $5.00. They had all been between $29.99 and $39.99. I got necklaces and earrings. I am giving a pair of earrings to each daughter. I also got a nice pair of Dockers sunglasses, a Nike tee shirt and shorts to work out in, and a pair of seude flip flops, all for seventy percent off. I loooooove good deals. But, I digress...

Just wanted to let y'all know how great those clasps are.

Love, Mikie
  2. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

I saw those clasps on tv and thought, what a great idea! I'll have to go shopping now! lol!

3. victoria

victoria New Member

I have seen those sets of magnetic clasps at BB&B and also at Walgreens... must be the same, as they have on the box "As Seen On TV"... keep thinking about them!

Heck, these magnetic clasps make sense for a lot of people --

even before I had problems, this would've been great as my hair is/was always tangling in necklace hooks, clasps, etc!

4. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I made beaded necklaces and bracelets on occasion and while the magnetic clasps are a GODSEND, give them a quick tug test before you attach them to anything valuable.

The magnet part is a round part that's glued into a metal sleeve made to fit.

With the magnetic clasps I've used, I've found 2 out of 3 come undone--that is, the magnet sticks to the magnet on the other end of the necklace but comes out of the it's holder, leaving your necklace undone to fall on the floor.

A good tug or two should tell you if you have a clasp that's going to stay together. And if it comes apart, a dab on superglue to stick the magnet back into it's holder will fix it for good.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most of the jewelry which gives me problems are those dainty chains with the very small clasps. Heck, if I were to give those a good tug, they would likely come off even without the magnets. Still, I appreciate the info. There is a lock you can screw into place to secure the magnets but the necklace is only as strong as the weakest little link.

I recently bought sterling silver jewelry, necklaces with pendants and earrings at closeout. The original prices were from $29.99 to $39.99. The most I paid was $9 and the cheapest I got a necklace for was 90 cents. I stocked up for myself and for gifts.

Love, Mikie
  6. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

Sounds like you got an awesome deal!!! I'm loving the good deals, too.

Remember when you could get a good deal on Ebay? Yeah--a few years ago you could buy just about anything at a reduced, it's just as much to buy from Ebay as to buy anywhere else.

Doesn't seem to stop ME though. :)

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I loooooove a good deal. I really don't need much of anything so I can wait until prices are really reduced to replace things. I hate paying retail. I love retail therapy at wholesale prices :)

Love, Mikie