Magnets for therapy.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 21, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Anyone use these? I ordered 10 magnets (10 N-50 Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets, 4500 gauss,Gold-plated neodymium spot magnets) I don't know if any of this is a brand name.

How do you use them? I bought adhesives. Do you place them on what hurts?

Thanks for your help.
  2. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

has tried magnets.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

No need to buy anything special. Just stand near your refrigerator.

Nice doggie. Looks like a Shit-tzu. Got mine from a rescue society. He is at least 16 years old.
  4. joanng

joanng New Member

My husband used to use 5 point accupuncture (in the ears) and tiny magnets to help addicts go thru withdrawals (from herion, etc.) when he worked as a drug counsellor. I would ask him to do the accupuncture for me to help me relax at night and help with the pain from ovarian cysts, lower back pain etc. and it worked. He would also put the magnets on the same points in the same areas that corresponded to the parts of the body (he had a chart) and I would wear them for a few days and maybe it was all in my head (no pun intended) but I found relief. Maybe you need to do some research on where to put them and how long to where them.....now that I'm thinking of it, I'm going to ask him tomorrow to put some in my ears tomorrow since my arms and neck are starting to flare. The ones that I use are very tiny, we get them in Chinatown in NYC. Good luck.