Magnets - Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by upnightowl, Oct 29, 2008.

1. upnightowl

upnightowl New Member

I have seen on several post here people talking about using magnets. I have heard of Magnet braclets but not just magnets.

Where do you find them?
    Are there different strengths or all the same?
    How do you know where to put them on your body?
    Has anyone used the braclets, do they work or are individual magnets better?

I have fibro (18+ years) along with mutiple chemical sensitivities and Myofasical Pain. I am not able to tolerate meds and have found alternative avenues help me more. Am very interested in trying magnets. Any information is greatly appreciated.

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They were my mother's so I don't know where she got them. There are five strips each containing five little round magnets. There is velcro on one side to stick to clothing or so one can string the strips together. I put a strip on my back inside the top band of my undies when I work. They are wonderful! If I don't use them, I get lower back pain from standing at my job.

I'm sure if you do a web search, you can find all types of medical magnets.

Love, Mikie
  3. upnightowl

upnightowl New Member

Thanks Mikie for the info. I have been doing a web search and not finding much but will keep trying. Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

4. cma331

cma331 New Member

try to google.....nikken magnets...
    also try it on ebay...I have used theirs for years...
    and would be in a wheelchair w/o them...
    they are expensive, and i have been able to get some
    on ebay...

good luck.....c.
  5. momof27

momof27 New Member

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

All sources of magnetic energy, including your computer. Also, never use a cell phone when gassing up the car. They can spark the gas fumes and cause instantaneous combustion.

Love, Mikie