Magnolia bark

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Jan 14, 2012.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

I would like to know if anyone has tried this supplement?? It's suppose to help with digestion gas bloating and other digestion problems as well as help with anxiety and depression . I have been taking a liquid tincture of 1/2 rhodiola and ashwagandha and it does help my comprehension, memory, and calms my nerves somewhat . But gives me a headache and my ibs now seems to be flaring stay on a pretty strict diet .
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I haven't tried it but I know someone who used it for anxiety and it worked really well - she liked it. I believe it helps lower or regulate cortisol levels.

3. crickett

crickett New Member

Thank you Mary. I am getting desperate to get myself to calm down my cortisol must still be really high my compounding pharmacist gave me a liquid tincture of 1/2 rhodiola and 1/2 ashwagandha I am still taking my seriphos thru the day but I am only sleeping 5 hrs at nite and waking up at 5:30 am I take 2 seriphos to calm down but I am unable to sleep unless I take a small piece of Valium then I am taking my troche hormone at 8:00 am and at 8:30 then my thyroid medicine after that I force myself to move I am still tired but my body is wired . I think I am going to lay off my tincture for today and take more melatonin at nite to see if that helps . I saw a article on the internet on magnolia bark and I will be checking into it . I am also taking my standard process raw adrenal can't figure out why they are so hyped!!!!
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You might need more Seriphos. When I first took it, I had to take 8 capsules a day, and again, it worked much better when I took it in the morning. It did not work when I took it at night. I took 4 when I first got up on an empty stomach, and then 4 more mid-morning on an empty stomach.

So 2 is a small dose, especially if your cortisol is quite high. I would try increasing it, maybe go up to 4, see how you do and go even higher if need be.

You won't be on it forever, but I did have to take it for several months, gradually decreasing the dose.

Good luck!

5. crickett

crickett New Member

Thanks Mary I will give that a try . So you did not take any after 3 pm
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

4 capsules when I first got up, and 4 mid-morning, none after that.

When I first started the Seriphos, I was told to take it at night. Well, it was horrible taking it at night, did not help me sleep and made me feel really strange. Somehow I figured out to try it in the morning (and later read that due to our circadian rhythms, it should be taken in the morning), and I reacted much differently.

It calmed me down but did not make me sleepy during the day, but definitely hleped with sleep at night. Two really is a small dose, especially if your cortisol is too high.

I really would increase it if I were you. As I've said before, I had to start with 8 a day.

Good luck -