Major back aches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, May 22, 2003.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Curious as to just how many of you out there experience major back pain.
    I do get nerve blocks in the sacrailiac every three months because the pain becomes so severe most of the time. It is constant pain, not just the fibro areas but it intensifies in the back areas more so if I push myself too much. Anyone else experience this?
    Thanks for listening.
    Soft teddy hugs.
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

My back pain is a constant, but can get horribly painful during a flare. Most of my back pain is one sided from my neck literally down to my foot (left side). The worst pain comes from my spine (can't even touch it without major pain). And yes, if I overdo I pay dearly. This is tough, especially since it is prime gardening season. I try to pace myself but usually end up overdoing it. I'm still learning...

2girls
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Vast intense majority of pain is also on the left side. Most dental, physical ailments are doubly intensifing on the left side. Wonder why that is. All my docs, including the dentist don't know why. Hey maybe someday they will come up with some correlation between Fibro/CFS and the nerve and muscle functionings and how they are related to the left side of the body.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Soft red/white/blue teddy hugs.
  4. chuggie

chuggie New Member

Have you had any MRI's or CAT scans done of your spine? I have FM and have a lot of back pain but I also have several back problems which makes it hard for the doc to tell if it's the FM or spine causing the prob. I know the difference, but she seems to think that a lot of my back/leg pain is from my spine. Grrrrr
  5. tedebear

tedebear New Member

They did find degenerative arthritis. Buldging discs, spurs, etc.....
    Compounded by the fibro...not much relief here. Pain doc seems to have it under some control. Temporary relief. All the docs tell me is to try and make life comfortable.
    I'm trying....God knows I"m trying (God eases up on my pain periodically, not often enough though).
    Anyone have better answers, please clue me in. Willing to try anything other than the 18 pills a day I take.

Thanks.
    Soft red/white/blue teddy hugs this weekend.
  6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I am on ssdi due to failed back surgery. I had a fragmented disc. I also have scoliosis, degenerative
    disk disease, arthritis, bone spurts, etc. I got FMS
    after the back surgery. I get leg and foot pain
    from the back. My hips hurt alot but that is the FMS.
    I have always believed that my back problems are separate from the FMS. However, how would I know?
    I just assume all of my back problems arise from
    the back problems. I am sure the FMS doesn't
    help any, though.

Lynn
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

lots of back pain and whenever, I work hard at all, my back becomes a big problem...I did not know if this has anything to do with fibro or not, does it? Prior to last year, I did not have any back problems...

I have never had any tests, but I did a lot of lifting of my mother who is bedridden and gardening work, that required lifting fairly heavy pots..but the pain use to be sporadic, now, it seems to be a constant, if I sleep anywhere other than my old recliner...

I am new to the back problems...
    ~~Amelia~~
  8. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

I have degenerate dic disease in my lower back and have been in severe pain for the last three months. I have tried Celebrex, vioxx, muscle relaxor, Tens units, heat, ice but nothing works. I just went to see a chripractor. He said it would take 5-6 times coming back before it would help. He said I had so much imflamation that he could bearly touch my back to make adjustments. At this point I am trying everything. My OBGYN told me that since I had had two c-section and additional surgery on my stomach, that scar tissue could be causing the pain. Does anyone have an opinion if scar tissue could cause back pain? He has suggested a laposcopy to check for adhesion and scar tissue.