Major flare--just need to talk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spmom, Jul 6, 2009.

1. spmom

spmom New Member

I don't know why it takes me so long to piece things together but I've just had the ah-ha moment. I have had a major pain flare for about four weeks now (I get this level of pain about two times per year). Now, I'm getting the major fatigue and high anxiety. This is the part that really affects my life--I have activities to get my kids to, and untimately, socialize at. I am completely overwhelmed and really just want to sleep for a week. I hate this, but I know that what I resist will persist. I need to take care of myself. Thank you for listening to the conversation that just went through my head.

2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Hi spmom, just wanted to say your not alone. How old are your kids ?
    Mine are 12 and 16(just learning how to drive) and since getting fibro
    it's been really hard to balance what I can do for my kids and still take
    care of myself.

I have had to learn to say no and I am still working on
    that one.

I have done several things , if I can wait in the car for the kids I do that
    or if I have to go inside to whereever the kids are going I find a place to sit
    so I can rest that way.

THe other thing you could possibly do is to carpool with someone to the
    kids activities , that way you wouldn't have to drive both ways. I know
    this doesn't always work , just a thought.

I hope you feel better soon, just wanted you to know you
    are not alone.

very gentle hugs, Susan (pansy)

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Understand what you are going thru. Usually in summer I'm good but not this year.

While I don't have kids at home,I do have gkids and the summer is slipping away.

deligate as much as possible and rest as much as you can

4. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I too understand the things you go through. Flares are terrible. I will remember you in my prayers.
    sending you a soft (((hug)))