Major flare up. No "New Years" for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I have been nursing a major flare up for the past 3 weeks now. My muscles in my entire body are hurting extra, lots of spasms, crushing fatigue. This may be due to the stress of the Holidays, which I hate to say, but "I hate the Holidays" and I am trying my best at work, but I just have to lay on the couch when I get home. Sorry for sounding like a scrooge, LOL.

I was so surprised that I was invited to two parties for tomorrow and had to decline both of them. The two parties are small with just a handful of people and I am upset that I just don't think I can handle it, I know my body and tolerance. I was surprised by the invitations becasue I don't invite too many people to my house, so I was grateful to them, but have to decline anyway.

I had an MRI on Monday because of terrible hip pain. They strapped me on that table and I couldn't move for 35 minutes, I was half way into the tube, and started getting nervous, even with the earphones on and listening to music. The MRI attendant had to help me get off the table when it was done. I didn't bother telling them that I was in a flare up, it wouldn't have mattered. I almost cancelled the MRI, but gald I didn't, I just needed to get it over with, besides, I can't predict how long my flare was going to last, so I might as well just keep the appointment.

For "New Year's Eve" I was thinking of putting in my tapes of my favorite comedians, and just watching that all night. I need something to make me laugh and that is not stressful.

I do wish ALL of you a Happy New Year, better health, happiness, less stress and PEACE. I do sincerely wish the best for all of you. Hugs and peace, Chelz.

2. MsE

MsE New Member

Happy New Year to you, too. And I agree: a quiet New Year's Eve sounds just plain wonderful. I'm not going anywhere and not inviting anyone. Just me and the TV--or maybe a book. If I feel really adventurous, I'll stay upright long enough to watch the hoopla in Times Square or at the Seattle Space Needle on TV. Nah. Probably not. :)

3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I can totally relate. I'm dying over here. I've been flaring since before Xmas. Too much holiday stress. I can't wait till after New Year's so everything starts to be normal again.

I'll be watching tv or movies, too. I'm not going anywhere. Let's hope the New Year is better for all of us here. Hugs.
  4. luv2float

luv2float New Member

Hope this New year is better than the last!

I just sent my husband to the corner bar cause I'm stuck home in pain and with terrible IBS-D. I feel so sorry for him, I didn't want him to be stuck at home too. I can't imagine being around a bunch of screaming drunks at midnight.

Have a good one.