Major foot pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smeyers, Apr 15, 2009.

1. smeyers

smeyers New Member

I've always had some foot pain - unable to stand for long periods of time - the the pain I've had the last week or so has been unbelievable! I was actually crying after stopping after work for some groceries, my feet hurt so bad. And it's not just one of them - it's both! I've had two broken bones in my right foot in the past few years, but this doesn't feel like that did.

My feet hurt all over, but mostly on the bottom. It's not burning like you get with neuropathy, just pain. And the top of my right foot is swollen.

Has anyone had fibro affect their feet in this way? Or are mine just breaking down?

Thanks for any input.

2. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Hello Susan ..

sorry you are having a hard time of it .. I hope things let up soon for you ..

Yes I also have Foot pain very bad.. I can barly walk at times. and I also get some swelling . not to bad though my Doc says.. so ..

I have been to a foot specail Doc we did specail insoles.. they help some .. but a lot of it is from the Fibro.. sadly .

we have had seveal Diff. post regarding this . you can search for for them..

anyway .. just wanted to let you know.. I to have foot pain... as my Fibro Doc said Fibro can affect evey muscial in your body .. inside and out . we have to learn out pain . and check in when somthing new comes about . just in case ya know .

does not hurt to get checked though .. you know how we tend to miss some things by doing the dismiss its Fibro thing.

Best of luck ..
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

you poor thing. sorry you are suffering so bad.

yes lots have bad pain in our feet. i cant stand on mine very long.
    i went to the er thinking i must have pulled something but after it kept happening i figured out it was the fibro.

i hyperflex my feet from muscle spasms.

try to elevate your feet. can you use a foot stool at work? cart at grocery store?

wouldnt hurt to have doc ck especially foot you broke for arthritus.

4. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I am so sorry that you are going through all of the pain you endure.
    Yes, I have so much pain in my feet it is hard for me to walk on some days. I soak my feet in warm water with epsom salt in it.Sometimes, I will put a small amount of peppermint oil in the water when I soak my feet. This does not smell that good but I have found I do not care if it can help me feel better.
    I hope you get better and the pain subsides some
    Take care, Faith :)
  5. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I was misdiagnosed with cfs/fm for ages only to find out I have lyme. As dr. cheney says the symptoms of lyme and cfs/fm are identical.

Foot pain is a MAJOR sign of a lyme coinfection called Bartonella. Please get an Igenex western blot test for lyme and a Bartonella test also thru Igenex if you want.

Post results on the lyme board on this site. A high majority of lyme patients don't even remember being bit by a tick.

It kills me to see people suffer for years, please rule out lyme by a respected lyme lab.
  6. redryder

redryder Guest

After working an 8 hour shift on my feet as a staff LPN, my foot pain was unreal. After my hour drive home from work, I could not walk up the stairs from my basement garage. I actually pulled up on the grass right in front of my front door and could barely make it into the house from the car. I found the best thing that helped (helped, not eliminated) was Birkenstock shoes. My feet got better once I quit working but still bother me quite a bit when I have been on my feet alot in one day. I also have neuropathy in my legs and feet and you are quite correct that the pain is noticeably different.