Major pain after dental surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lovinkeno, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Lovinkeno

Lovinkeno New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 8 months ago and other then some real bad days, etc. I do pretty well. Twice in the past few months I've had to have dental surgery to remove several teeth and tolerated the procedure fairly well but both times I've developed post infections and even after antibiotics have kicked in and the swelling has gone down I've been in big time, everyday pain for 2-3 weeks afterwards. Is this just a "normal" complication of fibro? Last weekend I was having to take pain meds every two hours just to avoid repeatedly banging my head into a wall. My dentist told me he wasn't advising me to take it that often but that it would be okay for a couple of days. Luckily the pain has let up some but I have one more tooth to remove in a couple of weeks and I'm terrified of the after pain now. Any suggestions or am I just weird?? lol

thank you....Tracy
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Tooth removal is the worst pain I have ever experienced. No dentist seems to understand and I have often felt like a wounded animal left to die in the woods.

I now have teeth removed by an oral surgeon. It sounds like you have already gone that route with no success. My pain is 95% less than when one is pulled.

Perhaps you should try a different surgeon??? Or ask if you can start on the anti biotics a couple days before surgery . I think that would help.
    Good luck

[ advertisement ]