Major relief with ultram

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Sep 20, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am just on my 2nd day with this stuff, in combo with skelaxin, it is wonderful for me. I am completely pain free, my worst areas are my neck, my achilles heel, and of course various others. I am really wishing I had done this sooner with the pain meds, I was afraid to ask for it. No bad side effects, I am tired from it but that is okay, it acts like a tranquilizer to me.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am just on my 2nd day with this stuff, in combo with skelaxin, it is wonderful for me. I am completely pain free, my worst areas are my neck, my achilles heel, and of course various others. I am really wishing I had done this sooner with the pain meds, I was afraid to ask for it. No bad side effects, I am tired from it but that is okay, it acts like a tranquilizer to me.

Jaci
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Glad you've found some relief with the ultram!!I've heard so much good about that pain reliever that I think I'll try to get it from my dr. in place of my darvecet.I hope your relief is longlasting!!See ya around......
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  4. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

While Vicodin has been a lifesaver when I had breakthru pain, Ultram has been a big help and is not as sedating as other meds. Prescription pain-killers are God's gift to people who are on the verge of going bonkers with pain. Al
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i have been on ultram for years with no side effects or having to increase dosage. the key is to take it on a regular basis whether you feel you need it or not. it can keep you up if you take it too late at night (take it before 5 and don't have a problem)

during flares and major pain it doesn't help as much and i have yet to ask my doctor for anything stronger. but, might one day. glad you found something that takes the edge off.

warm regards, fibolady

p.s. beware of the generic tramadol, they gave it to me last time and it was not the same and caused major headaches!
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Thanks Fibro Lady---I just got on Tramadol...and it was filled generically....eshhhh what headaches....i won't let them go generic again!
    Karen
  7. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Just so everyone knows, they have passed a new law that the doctor has to request in writing (on each prescription)that you need the BRAND and not the Generic. Otherwise they can and will give you the generic. Not all Pharmacies are going by it yet, but Walgreens gave me a really hard time when I wanted Brand on my Lortab, actually they said they didn't even carry it. Had to go to Target to get what I wanted. I know this changed the subject and I am sorry, but one of you said that next time you would ask for Brand, I just wanted to let you know it isn't that easy anymore.
    Sorry about changing the subject.

Cindy
  8. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Jaci,

I'm so glad the Ultram works for you. I've tried it off and on over a period of a couple of months and it does absolutely nothing for me. It's like taking a sugar pill. I've also tried VIOX and it turns out that I'm allergic to it! Not cool! Over the years the only effective pain relief I get is from narcotic-based medications such as Percocet, which to my dismay my doctor is unwilling to prescribe for me.

Peace,

Ford J.

9. kadywill

kadywill New Member