Major Surgery Tomorrow -UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dragon06, Jan 3, 2007.

1. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Well the day has finally rolled around. I head in for surgery tomorrow morning at 10am. I actually have to be at the hospital by 8am.

I will be having a large cyst, 1 ovary and 1 tube removed. This could possibly turn into a full hysterectomy if any signs of cancer are found.

I am pretty nervous about this operation. I am worried in general and I am also worried it will somehow make my fibro worse.

I am not allowed to eat anything today...only clear liquids and Jello, and then I stop everything at midnight.

I know everything will go fine but I still can't help but worry.

**see post below for update[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2007]
  2. footballmom

footballmom New Member

Good luck with your surgery. I had a complete Hysterectomy in 2004. As soon as you can, with help of course, get up and walk. This is not to say you should be doing marathons but moving around will help to keep your muscles from tightening up.
    There is a wonderful website that you can go to called hystersisters. It gives you great advice and tells you what to expect.

Again good luck,

Tess
  3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Best of luck with the surgery tomorrow.Let's hope everything will be fine.It's only natural to be anxious,
    Best Wishes,Paul
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Will be praying for you for a successful surgery with NO complications and a speedy recovery.
  5. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

My very best to you as you head into this procedure. You can be I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Remember to ask for extra blankets to keep you warm throughout your stay.

Stay strong.

Love,
    cristine
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray that all goes well and there is no sign of cancer. Please let us know how you are doing.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Wishing you all the best during your surgery. Keep us posted!
    Hope you have a very speedy recovery.
    Mini
  8. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Hi,
    I will be praying that everything goes well with your surgery and that you have a speedy recovery!

God Bless You,
    Bob
  9. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

for all the well wishes. It feels really good to have support and it helps calm the nerves. I appreciate all of you responding to my post.
  10. Evadyl

Evadyl New Member

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. Hope everything goes really well and that you recover from surgery very quickly.

Take care

Love Evadyl X
  11. lorraine50

lorraine50 New Member

I wanted to let you know things may go very well, but by the had thetime you get this you will already know...my sister went into surgery last nov. the same thing exactly..she had complete but no cancer..if it had been there longer it could have..and last july my granddaughter (13)had the same thing but her cyst was bigger and they saved everything. so who knows...as for myself, I have fibro and I just went thru major surgery. I have had 9 surgeries so far. now my stomach is so weak..I had little hernia tears all over my stomach..it took a big piece of mesh to cover it. and 60 staples. thats just inside. I had 32 outside. now i have to be very careful because it may happen again....
    So hopefully you know by now and everything is fine. I also had everything removed when I was about 28.

good luck and god bless!!

lorraine50
  12. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Dragon06:

Good luck. You will be fine. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy 11/17/06 and feel much better. I had pre-cancer in my endometrium and some pelvic lymph nodes.

We will all be thinking good thoughts for you.

Ingrid
  13. mary124

mary124 New Member

Good luck with your surgery - ( you probably already had it by now). Take care.
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Posting in time but I surely hope all is now over and you are recovering. Prayers and blessings.

Annie Cromwell
  15. tandy

tandy New Member

sorry I'm late to respond~

I hope everything went well with your surgery,....and pray your feeling much better very soon :)

hugs
    Tandy
  16. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Well I am home from the hospital now. I was there for 4 days. Pain control was a very big factor and I am still in A LOT of pain. Nausea factor was hard as well as I normally have stomach problems and this just exacerbated them.

They removed the cyst and weighed and it weighed 11 pounds! That's one huge cyst!

I am definitly on the recovery process and I know it will be slow...thank gods I have people here to help me. Don't know what I would do without them.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2007]
  17. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Just a short note to day I'm so glad the surgery is over and that you are home. Make use of that help you have and take it easy!

Kathy
  18. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Glad surgery went well. Please take good care of yourself.

Sue
  19. findmind

findmind New Member

Eleven pounds is not a cyst...that's an elephant, which, now being gone, should help you feel much better, to say the least!

Do not, mind you, do not vacuum for at least 6 weeks!!!

If you drop your Kleenex, do not bend over to pick it up...that's what family are for, right?

Do indulge yourself with movies and chocolate...this food will help you move your intestines along, also, LOL!

So glad that thing is out of there. Did you get lab result yet?

Wishing you the best recovery ever!
    findmind
  20. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

They tested the cyst for cancer while I was still under to see if they needed to remove anything and it came back benign.