Make Up Mirrors--The verdict is in!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Nov 10, 2010.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I was in Target this morning and noticed that the Conair make up mirror was on sale for 27.49 so I decided to buy it despite some of the mixed reviews I've read. Got it home, tried it out, and I think it works just great. However, I must warn you, if anyone decides to purchase a mirror like this, seeing your face in the lighted 5x mirror, can be a bit frightening. Just sayin'!!

LEFTYGG Member

i have had many 5x but i looked in a 10x at BBandB and the hair on my face looked like trees.

ill check the target one thats a good price, love gail
  3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I wouldn't walk, I would seriously RUN from a 10x!! I am just not that brave; 5x was enough gazing at myself for me--LOL!!

I am sure the 5x will be a pleasure for you now!!

4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I think the light is bright enough--suits my purposes. During daylight hours, My desk/vanity table has a window next to it so I keep the shade up and have the sunlight as well. But with the magnifier side, I find the lighting on the mirror to be adequate.

Jam, I finally caved and bought this mirror because the lighting alone in my bedroom and bath just wasn't adequate and I really can't see anything without my glasses. I would get into my car and open the sunroof and have to correct my make-up before I went out. And the neighbors stare at you just a little strange when you tweeeze your eyebrows sitting in the car in the driveway....

5. jole

jole Member

Love this conversation! My mother had terrible chin hairs. When she was in the hospital with cancer, my sis and I had to pluck them almost daily or she wasn't happy....she was a beautiful woman and careful with her appearance.

Now like you Laura, I see very little without my glasses, and my bathroom mirror doesn't help much with my glasses on! After returning from a wedding a year ago and finding a chin hair about a yard long (okay, felt like it) my sis admitted she shaves her chin.

Nope...not going there! So a lighted 5x mirror sounds great to me too........Jole