Make Up Mirrors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Nov 9, 2010.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Okay, so I know this is totally trivial, but I am looking to buy a lighted makeup mirror, the kind with magnification on one side. I have gone online, and there are so many mixed reviews. I was wondering if any of you have purchased one that you would highly recommend? If so, please post. and if you have one that you would not recommend, please post as well!! I had one many years ago, and cannot think of the brand, I am thinking maybe it was Revlon.

[<i>This Message was Edited on 11/10/2010</i>]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2010]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

After all, how can you see what you're doing if your eyesight is getting worse or already is?

I have one, don't remember which brand, but it was the most magnification I could get at BB&Y 2 years ago that was also lit all the way around.

The problem is I still need glasses to really 'see', so can't angle my gaze while turning my head. So, other than using a straight-on gaze, it doesn't help me see the sides of my face. A lot of this seems to have to do with how much magnification there is - the more magnified, the more distortion just because of how it has to be ground I guess..

I've never figured out how to see the sides of my face any better, sigh. If anyone has any ideas to add for those of us with worse vision, I'm all ears (even if I can't see them close-up lol).

good luck!

[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2010]