Make Up1

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelkisses6, Jan 31, 2007.

1. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I am sorry if this has been posted before but i was wondering if anybody else is afraid to put make up on and make themselfs up for fear that people will think your doing better? I have wanted to put on makeup (its been too long)and i start to get worried that if i do that people will think iam well(even though just putting makeup on will wear me out lol)i feel like maybe iam crazy or something for feeling that way,again iam sorry if this has been coverd before but with this fog that i get iam lucky i can remember being on this site at all,lol thanks to all take care,marieann
  2. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Hi i want to thank you for responding to my post i love the maybe its mabiline,lol(hope i can say it better than spell it,lol,again thanks for responding it seems like when i post something i only get one response or none,well one is better than none i guess.take care
  3. ravenpaige

ravenpaige New Member

Marieann,
    I definitely understand the problem. My situation is a little different than yours, since I have been able to keep working. So I decided quite a while back that it was best for me to try not to look sick, even when I felt terrible. But for friends and family, I've often felt that they didn't understand how hard things were because I never really looked sick. Mostly, no one sees me when I'm at my worst, which is right after I get up in the morning. And if you try to explain how you feel (how about: I feel like I just ran a marathon after staying up all night, plus, I'm coming down with the flu...) they still don't get it.

But, for yourself and if you feel up to it, I sometimes think it helps to just make yourself look as good as possible. After all, you are a person with an illness, you are not THE illness. Others should respect you. So if you feel like putting on makeup, do it! And if they say "but you don't look sick," just tell them that's because you've gotten very good at faking well.
  4. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

thank you so much for answering my post,i love the rsponse i've gotten good at faking it i will try and remember it9fog you know)lol. And yes i guess i did feel like i was begging for some one to answer me ,but thanks for reminding me to bump my post i will remember that,i love this site so many sweet people,most times i dont post but i find i have to read this site a few times a day(it has become addecting?lol. Again thanks to all,take care,angelkisses6