Make Your own Products out of Vinegar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fight4acure, Feb 2, 2010.

1. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Okay those creative minds, or people who want to look up stuff on the internet...

Thank God for this site that we can take our minds off our pains and fatigue!

What are some products we can make with Distilled White Vinegar?

I'll start....

Distilled White Vinegar is a good fabric softener, if you put it in, only at the second rince cycle, not the first.

Fight :)
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

that white vinegar is good for blondes wanting to add highlights
    (ie keeping ash blonde hair from going grey, LOL in my case)....

I know it's good for 'deleting' residue buildup from various hair products,
    but not sure about its lightning - make that lightening- abilities...

(see I told you I'm having a bad day...)

PS: end of 2nd rinse cycle - do you mean after the clean water has been agitated?

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2010]
  3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Adding 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle of your washing machine saves you from buying a separate laundry softener. Vinegar works naturally to soften your laundry and has the added benefit of breaking down laundry detergent very effectively. This added benefit means less detergent sensitive allergies for families that struggle with sensitive skin. Don't be put off by the fragrance of vinegar. The odor disappears when vinegar dries. So go ahead and try a bottle of vinegar in place of your laundry softener.

So, now I won't have to buy any fabric softener! :) Add to rince cycle. :)
  4. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Vic - Hope your day gets better hon! Glad we provided you with some soothing laughs!

Vinegar - put two drops of vinegar in dog and cat water dishes, and it will eliminate the fleas on the pets!

5. jole

jole Member

We have very hard water, and I always put vinegar in my dishwasher's last rinse cycle. Glasses come out nice and sparkly.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

maybe because we have a wall around our place so no strays ever stray... our doggies don't have fleas! :))

Jole, I do that too, really makes a difference; tho I don't have a dishwasher except me now....

7. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

1/2 cup Dawn dish soap(blue)

!/2 cup Vinegar

1/2 cup Water

Mix and Spray
    Put in milk jug and hang from porch, barn or whatever
  8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Vinegar is SO great for so many things!

Vinegar and Baking soda unclogs and deodorizes drains
    Vinegar can erase ball point pen marks from walls (if you kid is an artist)
    It's great for removing bumper stickers, decals etc.
    It's better than baking soda for deodorizing your refrigerator. Great for cleaning for fridge - it removes mold, mildew etc.

If you mix 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar and spray your car windows, it will keep the frost off your windows (if you park your car outside it's great) It can last up to several weeks.

2 T sugar and 2 T vinegar to 1 Qt water for your vase of fresh flowers will keep them fresher much longer. (change every 5 days)

If you add vinegar to your water while boiling eggs, it will keep them from running out if they crack.

It's a miracle liquid!

This is all the white vinegar BTW
  9. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Thanks! I love those websites that show all of the uses of vinegar, but if you look closely enough, they always miss some.

I wonder if Vinegar can be used for hair conditioning.

I'll check out the site when I get home tonight.

Thanks all!

10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

folks still use vinegar when dying Easter eggs.

Fight, does any color vinegar work for warding off the pets'

What if you wanted to dye your pet, soften its bath water, condition
    the hair, keep the fleas away, and deodorize. Could you do all that
    simultaneously w/ just one color of vinegar?

Vinegar is also a good substitute for wine. Whenever we dine at an
    elegant restaurant, instead of not ordering wine, I refrain from
    ordering vinegar. Much cheaper; the savings really add up. (Can't
    stand wine. Or beer either. Now a refreshing margarita is a flower
    of another color.)

(An official non-member of the American Oenophilia Society.)
  11. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I could darn-sure dye my pet right now, if you read my other posts recently, you'd see what I mean, LOL! I wonder what pink would look like in Tiger stripes?

Pink Panther! LOL!

What is American what? Never mind, lol. Must be grapes, lol! Or...

[This Message was Edited on 02/05/2010]
  12. sues1

sues1 New Member day I decided to use a cap of vinegar instead of tomato sauce or puree.....This was for beef staganoff (Spelling?).......I loved it until the tomato was added and I thought well it is added for a little was great! No one has ever figured vinegar was added......I use it in baked beans also......along with ususal ingredients including catsup....

I have read that it kills germs just as the big name brands do.....I have a spray bottle under my sink that I use for mirrors, TV screens and such. Also spray on your facuets and area that hard water will build up.Leave there as you continue to wash dishes and the build up of hard water residue comes right up.....when You wipe it. I only spray now and then and it never does even start to appear anymore.....

I use white vinegar (buy large one in grocery, any brand, cheap) and I add a little rubbing alchol (for drying purposes, a smidgen of dish soap. and some regular tap water.....

I have allergies so even if this did not save me money, I would keep on using it.....Susan

13. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Fight, I've tried the white vinegar as fabric softener the past two days and it works very nicely. I don't notice any odor after the laundry dries. I recommend this to anyone who hasn't yet tried it. Much cheaper than fabric softener. And better for our sensitive skin too.