Makeup, dose anyone use....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, May 2, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Mineral make-up?
    I'm looking for "safer products" that may keep me from breaking out so much.
    I was interested in using mineral make-up. Anyone using it, do you like it, and if so where do you buy it.
    I was looking on the web, but there are soo many sights.

Thank you!

Oh how about face care too, anyone using some good but not to expensive stuff that is natural or organic?

I tried two different natural deo's. One smelled good, but i still sweatted alot, and the other one reaked!!!
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

You can get mineral deodorant. It comes like a crystal and is supposed to work very well. I've seen them at health food stores.

Sorry. Can't help you with the makeup. I'm afraid I use the "bad" stuff.

God Bless.
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    There is a natural deoderant that is a mineral crystal. It's called "Crystal" and is just wonderful. It has no fragrance and really works. It can be used on the feet as well as under the arms. You can find it at your local health food store. I've used it for the last 6 years and never had any kind of problem at all. One purchase usually lasts for years.

Good luck,
    Terry
  4. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I use bare minerals it is natural.
    There is a web site for them under Bare Minerals.
    best of luck
    From one other Horsey person to another lol
    Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2006]
  5. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

My mom and sister loves the bare minerals or bare essentials.
  6. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

I have mineral makeup that I use as a foundation/powder, blush, and eyeshadow. I do like the way it looks (more natural), and it seems to last forever. I purchased a sample pack from http://www.afterglowcosmetics.com/ several months ago and I still have it.

The only issue I have with it is my skin is very dry, so I use a moisturizer everyday under makeup, and if I apply the mineral make up before it's had enough time to absorb, the mineral makeup will look "caked". It's a good idea to blot your face with a tissue first.

What I like even more than the traditional mineral make up is the tinted moisturizer and loose powder from Burt's Bee's (the poweder is mineral). It doesn't have great coverage, but I've noticed my face doesn't feel as dry when I use it, and I don't need the coverage anyway.

I use all Burt's Bee's stuff for my face, and Dr. Bronners soap for the rest of my body. I have to use a lotion after showering (using Burt's Bee's milk & honey) or I get really itchy later in the day due to having dry skin.

A good website to do some research on beauty/body prodcuts is http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/index.php?key=nosign