Makeup (Foundation) To Cover Your Red Face

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jan 30, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Has anyone ever used a makeup called "Joey Pure Pores--Pore Minimizer Foundation?

It is supposed to cover a red face, be it from a lupus rash OR rosacea.

And, it helps minimize the pores.

It is available online from a variety of places.

If you have used it to cover up your red face, please let me know how you like it.

Thanks,
    jlh

2. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I have a port wine birth mark on my face that is totally covered by using Revlon Colorstay. No one ever knows that I even have a birthmark and are surprised if I allow them to see me with no makeup. It really does completely cover and the makeup looks very natural.
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

I use a green tinted concealer that "corrects" the redness I have around my nose by counteracting the color. It works! The one I use is made by Physicians Formula, and I'm sure several other cosmetic companies make something similar.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Thanks for all the comments.

I have the green concealer from Mary Kay that I have used.

I also have the Bare Minerals -- only it's by Jane Iredale.

Before I try the Joey Pure Pores--Pore Minimizer Foundation, I think I will try the Colorstay or Dermablend because I know I can buy them locally and not have to order online.

I don't feel like putting on makeup anymore and only do when I have to go someplace. However, my daughter told me that I should NOT put on makeup when I go to the doctor--so he can really see how I look and feel! I just might take her word for that and go next week with no makeup!

I always have one doc who tells me that I look nice that day. So .... how can you ask for pain meds when he says you look nice?!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

Hey janet,
    I always end up responding to your posts, for some reason! ;)

I'm another Bare Minerals user. Bought it last summer and it's AMAZING. I have no patience for doing makeup anymore but this takes just a few minutes, it's super-light and natural, and seems to cover up all my "defects", including redness and the age spot that popped up a few months ago!!!

I don't know how the other, similar brands work, but the Leeza Gibbons one looks like it's much paler and more "makeup-ish". The Bare Minerals has been really excellent value for money, too.

Just my 2 cents! cheers, nature
  6. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

The commercials that I've seen for Bare Minerals look like this makeup whould be good for some discoloration, unevenness in skin tone, but it does not look like it would cover up a port-wine birthmark. With my situation I absolutely need a liquid makeup. The nice thing about Revlon Colorstay is that it doesn't melt off your face. I've sweated in it, took a quick shower with it on, and have even swam with it without losing much color, if at all.
  7. Daisys

Daisys Member

I was going to wait for a few days before announcing my find, but this seems a good place for this post.

I have rosacea and have been having trouble controlling the flushing even with prescription creams. Well, a few days ago, I started using virgin coconut oil as my facial cleanser! Yep, just melt it in my hand and smooth it on. It seems to calm the skin down. I wipe it off and just a tiny bit remains and is a nice moisturizer.

I'm still using finacea as directed, but nothing has helped as much as coconut oil. I don't even need makeup now, where I was using the green tinted stuff before to hide the blotchiness.

I've been doing this less than a week, but so far I'm really happy with the results.
  8. llama

llama New Member

Hi Daisys,

I have Rosacea and have tried the green tint from Physician's Formula, have also tried Dermablend. They both work to a degree, but seemed like it took so long to apply and really blend it in so it looked natural.

I now use Bare Minerals from Bare Escentuals. I use a powdered green tint very lightly and then apply the Bare Minerals...it's been the most concealing and also quickest product I've found so far.

Sorry, Daisys, I got side tracked...I'm really interested in this virgin coconut oil. I'm also using Finacea with moderate success. Where are you purchasing the oil and approximately what is the cost?

I'm wondering where you learned of this treatment? My dermatologist certainly has been no help in recommendations for cleansers or make-up etc.

jlh, I've never heard of the product you mentioned. If you try it, please post and let us know what your results are. I'm always looking for the "miracle cure" for this red face...grrr!

Good post, take care...........Jill..............
  9. Daisys

Daisys Member

I'm wanting to try the Bare Minerals after reading this thread. It looks like a good product.

I get the coconut oil from my local grocery store. I know all the health food stores have it. I originally got it for ingestion (anticandida) but read up on it some. It seems to be anti-germ, and some of the rosacea meds have that sort of component to it. Anyway, people in tropical areas have always used it in cooking and on their skin, so I thought I'd do it too.

I hope it works as well for you. :)
  10. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have the best success with Pur Minerals. And I've tried many. It doesn't feel cakey, gives great coverage and makes my skin feel soft.

I buy it on The Shopping Channel here in Canada.

This is a good thread.

Sue in Ontario

11. llama

llama New Member

Hi!

Thanks for your quick response. I'll check it out at my grocery store.

Good luck if you try the Bare Minerals...it's a bit expensive (at least it is to me..lol). You only use a very small amount so it lasts a long time.

Take care...........Jill.............
  12. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I have been using BE for 2 years..and I just love it...the last few years my skin has gotten so blotchy..aging fun I am guessing...but the Bare minerals foundations work really well at evening all that out. It also ends up looking like I don't have make up on which I really enjoy. I have been complimented on my skin many times since I started using their products. I wouldn't go back to regular foundations with all those chemicals..UGH.

I have bought a lot of my things from ebay...if you watch you can do great on price there. JCPenneys sells them now too!

I would recommend trying them if you have redness you are trying to cover. You can get a starter kit for about $60 and that will last you for months! It includes 2 foundation colors...warmth , which is like a blush, brushes, a info DVD about how to apply. Very worth it in my opinion!
  13. jlanciloti

jlanciloti New Member

I've been struggleing w/rocea last few years. Finacea helped awhile but seems to not be so much lately [been on it 6 months] and it is exspensive. I never wore make up in my life, now at 42 finding out what a pain it is to always half to put on [only when I go out, luckily is not very often] Will try cocoanut oil. by the way JLH my intials are JHL sorry, I notice silly similarities I hope you all have a good day
  14. Daisys

Daisys Member

Well, it's been a week since I started using coconut oil to cleanse my face. It's no fluke that my skin is less inflamed with it. I have flushed up a couple of times, but not as much as before.

I've alternated between using a cleanser for sensitive skin to wash it off, and just wiping most of it off with a cloth. It doesn't seem to make a difference. A couple of times, I've used baking soda to exfoliate. I just put a little water with it, and rubbed it on while the oil was still on my face, and then rinsed off with water. It worked fine.

I'd be interested in hearing back from you others that try it--when you can tell if it helps or not.
  15. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

stuff off. I too use bare minerals right now - I like it. I'm trying to use and eat as much natural as possible. The new business I'm in (work at home) is coming out with a pressed mineral makeup too. I can't wait to try it. It's funny that all the mineral makeup kind of imitates bare minerals. This one is naked minerals. I've seen them in the store too that are a version of that name.