male sexual dysfunction from fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Joshuaalpha, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Joshuaalpha

Joshuaalpha New Member

I don't know if I am allowed to talk about this but I was wondering if any men have had problems sexually. Ie erectile dysfunction, pain on penis and Testicle??? burning sensation in prostate after drinking??
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Take it from another guy that was misdiagnosed for years. Go to the Igenex web site and have them mail you the Igenex western blot test for Lyme Its the Igg and Igm. Aroud 200 bucks.

Lyme loves to go to the prostate and move on into other parts.

I like so many others on this board went ages thinking I had cfs/fm because I had a viral problem or whatever.

Over 50% of people with lyme don't even remember being bitten by a tick.

Feel free to ask any other questions.
  3. roge

roge Member

i HAVE BEEN TOLD igenex RAISED THE BLOT TO $400-450 ABOUTS? oops sorry for the caps.....if this is true and they jacked up the price over 100% than shame on them..
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Igenex is promoting a new starter test which includes the PCR. It jacks up the price. My lyme doc is one of the most respected lyme docs in the nation and he says all you need is the basic western blot Igg and Igm.

He says he thinks the extra PCR testing is just a way for them to make more money. Call their toll free number and price just the basic test I mentioned above. My insurance paid for it.
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 01/29/2007</i>]
  5. Joshuaalpha

Joshuaalpha New Member

mine isn't from a bug.. I think. It's hereditary and stress induced to activate it. My mother Has fibro too and we have almost the exact same symptoms. you can't say both of us were bit by the same bug can you??
  6. jarjar

jarjar New Member

It can be passed from mother to baby. I was bitten by ticks while I was young but did not become ill till I was 33. Sometimes the bacteria is very slow growing and your immune system can only fight it off for so many years.

Josh I have read as well as have lyme docs tell me that 90% of their fm/cfs patients test positive for lyme when using proper testing such as Igenex. The others miss 50% of the cases.

Lyme can be contracted from flies and fleas also. If you don't want to test for it thats fine.

My only other suggestion is that you look into the Marshall Protocol there are many cfs/fm/lyme patients getting better. I'm feeling the best I ever have using the protocol. If you decide to do it let me know and I can give you some extra tips.
  7. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I should have mentioned when you said your mother and you were both ill that you need to look no further then Victoria on this board. She as well as her teenage son both have lyme.
  8. roge

roge Member

thx..good to know basic west blot is same price as before....odds are very low i have lyme but $200 is worth to know either way....will be likely getting test in next few mths....

9. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

during my first few years of these health probs, i had virtually no libido and erectile dysfunction on and off. I used to get teste pain aswell, but i haven't got most of those things for a long while now.

If you have pain in all the regions, best to go to a urologist if you haven't already and get all the usual tests done to rule out any major issues etc.

Its correct that viruses and even yeast / fungal infections can affect those regions and cause pain and dysfunction. How's this - occasionally after i had too much sugar at once, i would have burning aching pain in my groin region within about 5 minutes!! (especially if it was a sugary drink). That tells me it's likely yeast effecting things down there.

I dont get those symptoms anywhere near as much now. And as for sexual dysfunction.. lets say my girlfriend is sick of me trying for it too often, lol. Shes not up for it anywhere near much as me! And i dont get erectile dysfunction unless im really exhausted or the fibro or sensitivities are flaring up. I can get 'weak' function there, but thats usually when i have low blood pressure.

What i did was get all hormones tested, and actually had very low testosterone. I got put on replacement and that helped heaps. Also tried herbal formulas for sexual function - such as tribulus, damania, horny goat weed, ginseng, ginko, etc. Usually you get all these in one herbal tablet from the health shop or pharmacy.

Hope that helps. ~Chris.
  10. markwilson419

markwilson419 New Member

Erectile dysfunction is a sexual dysfunction characterized by the inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis sufficient for satisfactory sexual intercourse. A few causes of Erectile Dysfunction or Impotence may be due to some disease like stress, diabetes, heart problem, or may be come from awful relationship with your partner.
  11. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

I hope this is not hi-jacking this thread. I am looking for a man with fibromyalgia to include in a brochure for P.A.N.D.O.R.A., Inc., a non-profit organization out of Florida that advocates for improved quality of life for NeuroEndocrineImmune disorders, including fibromyalgia.&lt;BR&gt;
    I would have sent you private messages, but I don't know how to here. Can that be done?&lt;BR&gt;
    Anyway, if you are interested, please contact me at (removed by moderator, email addresses are not allowed)&lt;BR&gt;