MAMADOVE is home from the hospital

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Nov 15, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I dunno how I am typing or what for that matter so its pot-luck how this will come out...

wanted to thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts!!!

hubby has been 100% wonderful throughout this after being terrified...all he did was come see me, wait for test after test, doc report, more tests and run home and research...

after all the tests, my liver was whacked, crp high for the the first time, wbc HIGH, lymph, eos,mono all whacked out, bleeding colon was horrid, the upper gastric pain i thought would kill me, the meds are taking their toll and I kept requesting changes that drove the docs and nurses crazy...I brought my files with me and recorded everyting, my input and outputs all the meds, all the meals I had...I did a good job, i got to come home...

the ultrasound on my pelvis found a possibly endometrial polyp which must be checked...i only have a right ovary which seems to 'burn and swell' constantly now yet shows no sign of abnormality...i had endo bad and they removed a 4 lb. mass along with my left ovary that I swear was the beginning of all this for me...they also did a ct scan and found a calcification of what was believed to be the ureter and turned out to be of a blood vessel...dont know the significance of it tho...i show scoiliosis and si joint abnormalities which they referred to pt...and my abd need to be strengthened to support everything in there...i feel like a jelly-roll, no muscle tone and when i walk, sit, bend, stand, i swell and i actually feel that my insides are 'kinking' when i move...is it possible, that i am straining my intestines with movement? thay found no hernias yet i complain of burning in all my previous surgical incisions...thy actually puff outward the more pain i have...docs dont know what it is...

so i am hopefully on the mend...the doc didnt want me to come home yet but i insisted, i needed rest and good food, not that salty low quality garbage they feed you...and the stress of the other patients who bring their whole damn family in like its a circus attration all the while hearing how they family memebers cant stay, they have to work and go shopping and their lives are just so busy they cant sit with their loved ones...and whats with the rude people who bring their cell phones, hang them on the curtains and let their ringtones disturb everyone...i had one woman have her husband who was a bum, stay and sleep with her in the chair cause he was too lazy to drive home...he kept going to the kitchen and getting bowls of cereal and slurping up the milk like a two year old...i swear his eyes was glued to the tube while his wife was complaining of the pain...i had another guy, car salesman, closing a deal over the phone while the customer was actually in the vehicle test-driving...whats acceptable today really shocks me...no respect for anyone, not even in hospitals anymore...

okay, i got that out now...tehe

i am now home with my boys (labbies), they missed me but they are unsure about me too...my oldest is stressed out and using every opportunity he can to 'test' me, he goes to the door and cries and when i dont come running he looks for me...he knows i am sick and i think is trying to 'read' my condition...this is a dog who can detect seizures and cancer, so i watch and listen to what he has to say to me...

for now, i am still on the prednisone which does soemthing to me, its an evil thing to me but i am hoping beyond hope the help it gives outwieghs the damage i know its doing/done...cipro and buspar for anxiety... and vicodin too...anyone that has ever read my posts know that i have suffered without any pharma relief, so anti-med i'm scary allready...but i had to stop the pain which brought on this fetal position that couldnt be good for my belly plus the anxiety of waiting for the next pain/symptoms to come was now too much for me...i am hoping for the best while fighting the side effects of all of this...but i must get back some of my brain and body so i can take the next step and find exactly whats wrong with me...

we all share so much of the same sequence of events and eventually the laundry list of illnesses overlap...

okay, dunno how i got that out and dunno how readable it is but at least i got my dose of 'spouting' out today....i am trying to keep occupied while hubby ran out to do errands...he is buying all things healthy and a variety of things to keep me 'regular' and build back my immune system...you have to see him cooking and peeling fruit for me and readying my tea and yogurt, making my plates so his 3-year old acting wife can eat without making a mess...tehe i feel like a child and he is treating me as such...for the first time in my life i have had to resort to putting me first and shutting everything else off...maybe i should have done this years ago, the stress is prob what triggers all these damn diseases anyway...one thing after another in my life, without a break for happiness, must do damage...

i made a promise to my hubby that we will have fun EVERYDAY, the illnesses will have to take a back seat to the life we once had and enjoyed...thats the only to beat them back...i have been allowing these dd's to rule everything i do...when i found myself being rushd to the hospital on our 21st anniversary, without a chance of turning around and going back home to a steak dinner, i know things have to change BIG TIME...

My greatest blessing is my husband who through all this ended up learning something very valuable...He does not want to HAVE to live without me so he needs to help me live my best life, in turn, giving him a better life...He actually slept lastnite...and how he made it through without eating, sleeping and all that stress and not having a seizure, amazes me...we have alot of angels around us that's for sure...

so i am back, and i will be on now and then and hopefully more coherent each time...i know there are some posts i need to address esp. one from joeb? (sorry, lame brain) and the recent BIG NEWS from hayleycole and others about what we really have wrong with us...i know its only a matter of time before we find the 'truth' right here...before i leave, lemme say how much attention i received due to the mentioning of the fibro in my chart...everyone said they had it or knew someone who did which disturbed me, but when they read my chart and heard my conversations with everyone and saw me suffer just to walk, they got a batter idea on what 'severe' fibro looks like, the kind you cannot go to work with, the kind that beats you down and takes your soul with it...we learn something new every day...my docs and nurses learned some lessons from me during my 6 days there. and i learned to get my ass home and learn how to live again...

love to all my pals here...thank you for being there whenever we need one another..what a gift we have been given, to share our lives like this...i found my pot of gold right here on this message board and i am forever grateful for another chance to come on and post...

see ya all later...smile today...hug someone you love til it hurts...and do something just for you each and every day!

Mamadove DOVES you all...and that aint the drugs talking neither...haha
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry that it has been so difficult but you are home! As a nurse, I always saw the benefits of sending a patient home as soon as possible. People always seem to recover better at home.
    Take it slow and enjoy being pampered by that wonderful husband. God bless him for taking such good care of you.
    I agree that one has to weigh the benefits of meds against the side efects but you probably need to take them right now.
    Keep us posted but your priority is to rest and recover now.

All the best
    Kathy
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope you feel a lot better soon. I'm sure hubby and the boys will help.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MamaDove:

I am so glad you are back from the hospital. It sounds like you had a rough time going, but in the end: it all worked out well.

Glad to see you back on the board!

nyrofan