MAMADOVE IS IN HOSPITAL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Nov 11, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

HI ALL,

FOUND INTERNET ACCESS AND AM ABLE TO WRITE SOME...I COULDNT BEAR THE PAIN ANYMORE AND THE DOC ADMITTED ME SIGHT UNSEEN TO HELP ME...MAY BE AN EVIL CROHN'S ATTACK OR SOMTHING MORE, WEJUST DONT KNOW YET...MORE TETS, MORE DRUGS, TRYING EVERYTHING...BEEN FOR LIVER SCAN AND MRI, GOING FOR ABDOMINAL SCAN AND ULTRASOUND, HAD CA-125...STOMACH STILL SWOLLEN BUT BLEEDING STOPPED...CHECKING FOR CANCER, APPENDIX, LIVER ISSUES, TUMORS, OVARY ISSUE...SO HARD TO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING...JUST WANTED TO SAY HI AND I MISS YOU ALL...COULDNT POSSIBLY READ ANY POSTS, JUST GOT ON TO SAY HELLO...HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL...BETTER THAN I ANYWAY...THIS IS A BIT%# I'LL TELL YA...BETTER GETBACK TO MY ROOM...

NURSE TRACKED ME DOWN, GOTTS RUN...LOVE TO ALL
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Love Anne
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I hope they are taking good care of you and get to the bottom of it. I also hope they are keeping you out of pain while you are there.

Keep us posted.
    Prayers & Hugs for you!
    Kimba
  4. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hi MamaDove

I dont think we have met yet but just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. :) I hope you hang in there and that those doctors treat you well. I know it must be scary and a real pain in the arse to be there. We're all here for you!

*hugs* All the best dear.

Bekah
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

Mamadove. I pray that you have answers quickly and healing even quicker. I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nancy
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

Here's to a swift recovery. I hope that the Dr's are able to find out what is going on & help you out soon.
    You will be in my thoughts & prayers.
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

you poor hunny~
    I just hate to hear of members being in the hospital :(

sending well wishes and Hugs~
    and pray that everything turns out ok,
    or is easily fixed.

Keep us posted when you can~

Hugs
    Tandy
  8. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

many warm hugs to you! I hope (in the mean time) that the food is not too bad, and that your favorite tv channels work (TV's tend to not work well at hospitals). It can be long- stripe-ty (as we say in Sweden,,,LOL!) at the hopsital. OOPS, meant to say hospital,,, maybe it will be hopsital when you feel better!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2006]
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

figure out what is going on and get you back on your skateboard ASAP.

We'll all be waiting for you to come back soonest.

Good luck!
  10. simplyhurting

simplyhurting New Member

Hope they quickly find out what the problem is and remedy it even quicker.

11. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

mamadove, I do pray that you have a speedy recovery and that they find out what the problem is. You don't over do it. Keep us up to date. Hugs and prayers going your way

Angie
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Wishing you better days and I hope they will be able to help you.
  13. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

tv works well...tehe...went for more xrays of thoracic and lumbar spine, thinking that this could be spine related??? ca125 taking its time coming back...ltrasound tomorrow...i think my body is toxic esp due to this wonder drug called asacol that i cannot even begin to tell you how horrifying it is to me...my doc does not concur that the probs i have with these pills are in fact, a problem with the pills...i take them, i blow up, my stool turns to black mud and the gaseous pain that feels like i am beingpoisoned is unmistakeable...i woke up ran to the toidy and out came a bubbling crude...like oil along with whole asacol pills...once that came out i recalled all the times before i had the same symptoms, bleeding, craamping...wow, what does it take for docs and drug cos to get off their high horse...forsome, like me drugs are more dangerous thatn the disease...i am still on pred and cipro and i started buspar, could no longer lie awake worrying so i tried it, wont know for weeks if its working tho, so they say...my blood work is coming back and i aint happy with it...my crp is 2.9, first time its been high...wbc slightly elevated and my liver enzymes also as usual...i am no longer yellow tinged but my body is all swollen and my eyes look like right before you die, just glazed over...my beautiful blue eyes are nomore...im getting pissed with these dd's allready...i cannot believe i have to suffer some more...my poor hubby is doing the best he can but it is clearly taking its toll on him now...i worry about his epilepsy...noone there for him...he is home taking care of the boys (labs)...5 dyas, no real answers and awaiiting cancer tests...not to worry, the doc tells me...the nurses tell me that i am too young for all this...really? i tell them they should come to our board and see all the sickly people suffering from all this...one thing leading to another...i just pray this ca125 reveals no cancer and this is just areally bad case of crohns again...not that i look forward to this new future...last year the flare i had was bad enough, thistime in the hospital, whats next?
    my doc is hanging in there with me and listening to all my concerns, even noting my chart to watch for increased fibro pain, do not let her suffer he writes...all the fms pain disappeared with this flare, now the more the colon rectifies itself,the more my joints are flaring and boy the fatigue is coming full boat...
    i am about to scream, god help me,but the past several years he hasnt listened so i think i will continue to rely on myself to get well...just not the religious type anymore, too disappointed...my signs are there, my parents are wqatching over me and my lil boy comes to see me (crows outide my hosital room window, they are atually roosting there since i came in)...strange i know, but it works for me. assoon as i knew they were here and not by my house, i felt better...must run to look up lab results, hope i get some more answers soon...play nice everyone...rockgor, get me that sateboard, im gonna hop on again soon...i used to ride professionally on the streets of brooklyn as a kid, before it became popular...how did you know? you seem to know many things...love it...see you guys soon...love to all
    sorry no paragraphs, lucky, im upright...
  14. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MamaDove:

I was wondering where you were and was ready to post to find out where you were.

If you were in a hospital near me I would bring you a bunch of flowers, chocolate and love.

Be better soon. I am rooting for you and keeping you in my prayers.

nyrofan

15. charlenef

charlenef New Member

ISENDING PRAYERS YOUR WAY I HOPE YOUR UP AND AROUND SOON CHARLENE
  16. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

Mamadove...sure hope that before you go they find something real tangible in regards to what has tortured you for so long.

Yes, at one point two GI docs thought I had beginning Crohns disease and I was taking Asacol ( thet stuff costs a fortune )then another GI said he didn't like that stuff put me on something else and antibiotics, then another didn't like that treatment. But either way, gas and stools smelling so bad and pain and sleep disruption and you name it came with all of these...and no relief! Still suffering like crazy!

I have been posting on here a few times recently. I really want to be in the hospital like you where they can do to me exactly what they are doing to you....every tests available at one time so that there aren't tons of disconnects between doctors.

Reading your story just seeems so absolutely like my story. I am 55, got sick 1 year ago...and have had your horrific symtpoms ever since...and yes, many many times my body would feel like I could just go. Stay at home and fight through 25 of these body shocking/dropping/painful and indescribable haywireness attacks that can last all day or more...and finally when I can take no more I go to ER maybe once every two months.

And, the people in the ER don't even know about the other 25 to 30 times when you felt like going to an ER but were able to just "barely" hold it together and stay home....and not knowing or giving you and your suffering credit and validity for these courageous stay at home fighting through these episodes.

They then clearly let you know that they think you shouldn't be coming in as often as you do ( once every 2 or 3 months) as if this is a sign of some mental illness exaggerating of your symptoms! You want to scream at them..."hey, I have had 25 of these and not even called you...you think this is too much complaining or exaggerating? Oh Man!"

I don't even have the energy when I see them to tell them about all the dozens of times I "don't" come in...

But as I said..our medical society is brutal in their state of denial and almost irritation and dismissive behavior when it comes to these very real and torturous but very difficult to diagnose illnesses we have.

If they can't clearly and quickly see what is causing us all to feel like we are being tortured....their frustration turns to blaming your psychological state for their inability to see what the main problem is...you must be exaggerating all of this...but the truth is we aren't...and it is a tragically sad, lonely and almost spirit/hope/sanity breaking truth because so many don't believe you and give up treating you in many ways.

I just submittd a synopsis to the San Francisco Chronicle describing my personal experience in the last year. I'm hoping they publish it for many reasons. Mostly to keep bringing out this American Medical society tragedy of how people like you and I and so many others are treated when we come down with a difficult to diagnose ( in some cases impossible to diagnose ) illness. JB
  17. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Bless you,sweetie!

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Rest, make sure you are pain free! Try to relax, but know it's difficult in a hospital.

Gentle Hugs,

Kim
  18. jg004o6371

jg004o6371 New Member

HI MAMADOVE

IM NEW JUST READ UR POST SORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING THATS GOING ON WITH U,TAKECARE OF URSELF,
  19. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

I will be praying for your speedy recovery.

Love Lisa
  20. libra55

libra55 New Member

You poor thing. I don't post much here anymore but I came on and saw your message. I hope they are keeping you hydrated and filling you up with potassium and magnesium and all that good stuff us Crohnies lose when we have a flare.

I know you do not like the Asacol.....what would your GI say to 6-MP? Your Crohn's sounds very severe right now like mine was. Please consider the 6-MP. it saved my life. The only way to control that damn disease is to suppress the autoimmune response that triggers it. I heard all sorts of horror stories about the 6-MP and I have not had one bit of trouble with it.

Dear Alicia I will keep you in my daily prayers and I hope the docs can find an answer for you. Please let us know how things go for you....take care.

Peace and love,
    Michelle