MAMADOVE needs some words of encouragement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Sep 21, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I have my ssdi hearing scheduled for this coming Monday and because I met with my lawyer yesterday I am now a wreck...

Please see the last post on lamotta77's post about 'ssdihearing' that I just bumped to the first page...

I need some help with words going from my brain to my mouth without holding it back for fear of having to actually come out of the denial stage of these dd's...

I am running out now, hubby has an appt at the VA so I must tag along...Lovely when I am having a Crohn's attack...UUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Love to ALL~Alicia
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

you will do just fine. Didn't your attorney say the primary evidence will be the medical reports and records?

If you are asked a question and are feeling confused, just say so. "I just can't remember exactly," should be ok. You can add, "Would you like me to look in my notes (journal, diary, whatever)?"

"I'm a little nervous. I think it was five years ago."

The record should provide all the basic info. The Judge should be used to people who are anxious.
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Good luck. I know you'll do fine. I think the advice above is great. It might help to sit down and think of what you need to say and print it on paper. That way, you can refer to it if you are asked or if you think you need to say it, and also, it will back up the exstance of brain fog, etc.....

My prayers are with you,
    Hugs,
    Terry
  4. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

as stated above physical evedience weights a lot.

i had to ask the judge to say it again I don't know how many times or please explain what that word means i am haveing a hard time understanding what you mean.

so if they see stress causes you problems they will beleive you.

Good luck I hope you get it.
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

Don't those attacks happen at the worst time. Try some Imodium. Do you have any Lomotil or any prescription stuff like that? Eat baby food. Donn't drink any coffee. Stay well hydrated over the weekend....if you can, don't eat or drink anything the morning of (monday?)....it will go right through you. Oh gosh Alicia I am so sorry. Maybe it will calm down by then. I'll pray for you. Can your doctor help? The CCFA offers a "Can't Wait" card for the bathroom,.....don't know if you have one or not.....good idea to bring it along if you do....let the judge see it. I personally do not hav one but I should, for bladder issues alone.

I agree it is also a good idea to write stuff down. I have heard don't dress up, no make up, let them really see how ill and impaired you are. It will be ok if you read off the paper, then they will see you have cognitive issues.

Does the lawyer think you have a good chance?

My guts have been ok lately but I have joint pain and mouth sores to contend with.

Let us know what happens.

Peace and blessings to you my friend,
    Michelle
  6. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Hi Mamadove, I just wanted to wish you the best, I haven't applied but am thinking of doing so. Part of what stops me is the stress of dealing with it all.

You are thinking about how to handle things so I'm sure you will do great. I will send you positive thoughts on Monday.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2006]
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Just got back from hubby's VA appt and wouldn't ya know, more stuff to be concerned with...They are 100% sure he is dealing with PTSD and needs IMMEDIATE help...I said that for 21 years and noone listened...This doc actually heard what my husband reluctantly told him and he will have help now...

I HAVE to put that on the back burner til I get through my hearing and being I am having a Crohn's attack I dunno how this is going to get accomplished, but I am going to try...

Rockgor, you would think that the evidence of record would be sufficient, however, my lawyer said that my age (39) and them not actually knowing what I deal with daily (the symtpoms of FMS/CF,UC/Crohns,cervical issues,OA,etc), it is difficult for them to make a favorable decision...DUH!
    So my lawyer got me all wriled up saying I need to EXPLAIN CLEARLY and THOROUGHLY what I deal with in a day...Isn't that the reason we give a name to a myriad of symptoms, so we don't need to go around giving a detailed list of impairments? This just drives me batty but I have to let it go a little...

I think I will take my own advice and not think of it at all til Monday...Off the cuff, best I can and after driving for 30 minutes along with the regular routine, It should be clear enough to even a blind man, I hope...

Michelle, I took a hyoscamine when on my way to the VA for hubby and put it under my tongue per docs orders, almost immmediately, the terrible cramping, swelling in the mid abdomen went numb...I am unsteady from the med but the swelling and pain are more bearable...Why do we have this along with everything else? It just adds fuel to the fire and when you HAVE to be somewhere it always throws that monkey wrench in there...I feel for those with nervous IBS but for us who have diseases that just flare and knock you down and drain the rest of your energy, it's just awful...
    I may do the baby food regimen too and not eat that morning either...I will be soooooooo glad when Monday comes and goes. My hubby was just diagnosed with PTSD and needs immediate care so that's another hurdle I need to be there for...always something...but after 21 years, I am glad someone finally 'heard' him...Wouldn't ya know, they hit it off cause his docs son was just diagnosed with UC and the doc was actually teary eyed...I am glad we took the drive to the VA today and something good as well as not-so-good came of it...I am hoping it's a new day for my husband and he can start to heal from all he went through...I know, long paragraph...phew!

I am thankful to all of you who repsonded...My family here, I couldn't do it without you all, hope you KNOW that!

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

I Know it's stressful! But i think you will do just fine!! I will be saying a prayer for you!! I felt like i was going to pass out at my Hearing back in 2003 (nerves) ................................................Deep Breathing Helps and If you need a break to get up and get a drink of water, Just ask if you can step out for a few seconds!.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck again!! Sisland
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

I'm sorry also about your husband's situation but at least he has got a diagnosis now.

Why does all this "stuff" hit the fan at once?

What is hycosamine? Just curious....

I wish you well for Monday. I will be praying for you.

Michelle
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

With your atty. 30 mins. before the hearing? If not, I highly recommend it. It will settle you down and your atty. will help you know what to expect. Just be honest and if your mind isn't working, tell the judge you have cognitive problems made worse by stressful situations. Good luck.

Love, Mikie