Mammogram UPDATE - Feeling relieved!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KayL, Aug 13, 2003.

1. KayL

KayL New Member

Had the repeat mammogram and the ultrasound today. I got to see the previous films from 2 weeks ago, I saw the *nodule* they were concerned about. Same thing showed up today, so then on to the ultrasound. The tech then told me that the Dr. reading the films *thinks* it's just fibrocystic breast tissue and pointed out that it's seen more in small breasted women with more dense fibrous tissue and less fatty tissue in their breasts. Gee thanks, I always *knew* I was flat chested, just rub it in! LOL I made her explain the whole fibrocystic thing just so *I* would be completely clear on it. Anyhow, she said he was going to take a closer look at the films and then send my Dr. - and I told them to send to my PCP since I STILL have not even been notified by my useless GYN about this - a full report. So it looks like I freaked out for nothing and things are mostly all right.

==breathing a huge sigh of relief here==

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm 40 and started getting baseline mammo's at 30. Everytime I go its scary just because YOU know what there looking for! I had a suspicious cyst when I was 30 and had to go for a repeat mammo and a breast ultrasound. I was told then that it was FBD(fibrocystic breat Disesase) So I get the mammo's every 2 yrs~ I just had mine in july and was relieved to find no changes!!! take care :)
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

So pleased to hear it was just a scare.

In my family there has been both breast cancer and fibrocystic breast disease so when I had problems I opted to think it was the latter until they proved otherwise. Thankfully I was right.

It's always worst not knowing, and at least now you do it's the right answer.

Love

Tansy
  4. KayL

KayL New Member

Apparently there is a tendancy towards that in my family after all, at least according to the tech today, since I mentioned what my sister told me about her own FBD. Who knew?!? LOL

After I posted today my GYN called me and appeared to be doing a lot of back-pedaling. All it did was further irritate me. He said he was following up, wanted to know if I had heard anything from the diagnostic lab about them wanting to do some further imaging studies..........I informed him that my PCP had called me last week and that they thought that I already knew about it, since HE was my GYN. He said *well, I just got something in the mail about it........(then a long pause)* so I told him my PCP was the SECOND person on the list for the report to be sent to and they had had the report, and they had set everything up for today, and I had been this morning, he said *well, they didn't say anything in this letter to indicate there was a problem or any reason to worry*, so I told him my PCP had READ the frigging thing to me, that *I* had gotten a letter after my PCP called and I had read that one, and in addition to that I had SEEN the original mammo films from 2 weeks ago, and what I was told at the lab today. So the jerk says, *well, when I get a report from them I'll give you a call*. I didn't bother to tell him that he was NOT the Dr. who the report is going to first this time.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Karen
  5. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

I am so happy to hear about your good news of this nodule just being a fibrous cyst!!! I have probably a dozen nodules in my breasts that are fibrouscystic as well.... Just wanted to say Im happy for you! God bless, Iggy
  6. JamieBeth

JamieBeth Member

I'm so glad it wasn't anything but fibrocystic tissue.

Jamie
  7. JamieBeth

JamieBeth Member

I'm fine, too. Turns out the lump was a fluid cyst which doesn't even need to be aspirated.

Jamie