managing to lose weight on Pregabalin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EttaUK, Oct 22, 2008.

1. EttaUK

EttaUK New Member

Hello everyone who might be on Pregabalin

I posted back in April, desperate to come off Pregabalin because I had gained so much weight on it. The doctor told me it probably would not be possible to lose weight while still on it. I was trying so I said I'd post again with any progress.

The bad (maybe) news is that I wimped out of withdrawal though I still plan to try it again soon, so I'm still on it.

The good news is I have managed to lose somewhere between a stone and a stone and a half, which is slow progress since April I know but considering I haven't been able to exercise and am on this drug I'm pleased. I've just been sticking to 1,500 calories a day as I can't seem to go much lower than that without feeling very wierd! Just wanted to give hope to anyone hoping to lose on this drug, or thinking of going on it. I would say if you are about to go on it, start on 1,700 a day or something and monitor your weight weekly to see how you respond.

I have just read the post below this about ways to describe FM etc, I might print it out as it is so hard to explain. I'm glad people have posted them but it is so depressing to read because it is so true.

So anyway, just want to send my love to all of you out there suffering - I understand! and I'm really sorry you're going through this.

2. EttaUK

EttaUK New Member

Thanks for your encouragement... weight up and downs are something I've become a bit too familiar with over the years too!

There are 14 pounds in a stone, so eg. you'd go from being 9 stone 13 pounds to being 10 stone if you gained another pound. At least, that's what I've been assuming for years so I hope I'm right.

I'm not sure where kilos fit in, but I do know that one kilo is 2.2 pounds.

I am going to stay with relatives this week, hope too much won't creep back on!

Hope you are doing well,

Etta xx