Manganese and Mood Disorders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, May 29, 2008.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Manganese is the brain and nerve mineral....Manganese deficiency or imbalance plays a role in the symptoms of mood disorders. Observational and experimental studies have shown an association between Manganese and Aggression, ADHD, and Schizophrenia (also known as Bipolar).
  2. dannybex

dannybex Member

Manganese is also required to convert glutamic acid and/or glutamine into the calming GABA -- so it's very important for people w/CFS or fibro.

Plus, it's essential for proper pancreas function. That could be why it helps with mood disorders because it helps improve blood sugar issues.

d.

p.s. And some claim that it helps with 'loose joints'. My knee felt like it was about ready to pop out of it's socket a couple years ago when I read the post about manganese and joints. I bought some manganese and the knee felt a LOT better within a week.[This Message was Edited on 05/29/2008]
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Therapeudic doses are 100 to 200 mgs per day. And if anyone decides to use high doses of Manganese they need to be closely monitored by a chiropractor who is extensively trained in Nutrition and Wellness. Chiropractors (not MDs, Nutrapaths, Osteopaths and/or internet health health advisors) are experts in the care of the bones, nerves, muscles, and connective tissue that make up about 60% of your body. This includes the central nervous system. I'm being treated now. And years and years of damage to my body is being repaired.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2008]
  4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Chiropractors are experts in knowing which dosage a particular patient needs. That's why it is important to go to a chiropractor who is trained in Nutrition and Wellness. MDs are trained to treat symptoms and prescribe drugs. Nutrapaths are not experts in disorders of musculo-skeletal and central nervous systems. Internet health advisors have no face to face contact with those they are advising.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2008]
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

do i need to consult with a doctor i got a 15 mg supplement?
    Sue
  6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I doubt you need to consult with a doctor about 15 mg. MDs treat symptoms and prescribe drugs. Find a chiropractor who is well trained in Nutrition and Wellness. They are your best bet in improving your health.
  7. woofmom

woofmom New Member

You are correct. Since it's been a while since I read about mental disorders I got my wires crossed. Bipolar is also known as manic depression.
  8. crickett

crickett New Member

I am showing signs of dislexya along with depression and mood swings could this be a sign of manganese deficiency???
  9. crickett

crickett New Member

I am showing signs of dislexya along with depression and mood swings could this be a sign of manganese deficiency???
  10. crickett

crickett New Member

11. woofmom

woofmom New Member

It could be a sign of a Manganese deficiency. Or it could be a sign of a mineral imbalance. A sure sign of a Manganese deficiency is problems with the neck, muscles and connective tissues.
  12. woofmom

woofmom New Member

The optimum amount is about 50. You were extremely low. The other supps you take support the systems in your body that desperately need Manganese. If you had not been taking them you would probably not be alive today.
  13. hensue

hensue New Member

there is no chiro around here in south ga believe me that knows about it. How can you tell it helps? You have me excited! I want to send it to my son. I was telling you with the bad knee and overweight. What if he takes it as directed dont you think that will help him. How long before it helped you/
    Sue
  14. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I beleive without a doubt that it will help both you and your son. But it is also extremely important to get any spinal discs unpried so that magnesium, calcium and whatever else can get to where it's needed so as to ward off osteoarthritis. And if they get to where they need to go they won't be left circulating in the blood and end up being dumped where they shouldn't.